Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm just curious as to what advantages we can get by using a cradle on the Treo 600.

I'm personally happy without it (one less thing to carry since I have a USB/chargre/retractable adapter) but I'm probably missing something... so would any of you folks using it share your experiences?

Thanks!

Ismenio
    It keeps my desk organized. Also the usb cable tends to slide off my desk and on the ground. If I had the druthers, I would buy another and mount it to my dash.
    I just like having a cradle accessory. Plus it was only $15 bucks off ebay so I thought what they heck...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It also improved the speakerphone use for me. i.e I can walk around rhe room and still have a conversation. Using the cable sometimes the callers couldn't hear me when I walked around. Plus I just don't like my precious just lying on it's back or belly.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I just like having a cradle accessory. Plus it was only $15 bucks off ebay so I thought what they heck...
    $15?

I am currently just using the cables and I'm okay with that. But, if I can get two for the price of one.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    For me it was about viewability. I can't see it well with it laying down on the desk.
  7.    #7  
    I knew you guys would bring up things I hadn't thought about!
    Thanks for the posts!
    One thing I would like is a cradle with a headset jack, so I can keep the Treo in the cradle on my desk even while I'm on the phone with it.

Haven't seen anything like this.. I expect it wouldn't be TOO hard to modify one so I could do that. Maybe for $20 (cheapest I see on eBay, after shipping) I'll try it.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    It also shows-off your Treo a little more since it's in the upright position. When people look at my desk that's the first thing they see, and they are like WOW.... whaz that!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    Data Input speed and viewing, in general. My issue with the OEM Cradle - audio port is blocked. Unable to find an alternative, I designed several for our Treo 600s. (Desk, Auto, etc.) I guess they are "off-scale", but they are a joy to use.

Wow that awesome!! Can you post pics of how you attached the stand to the back of the external battery? Tx...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Since I don't have a landline I have 2 cradles in my apartment...one on the computer desk and one in the bedroom. It makes it easier to look at when someone calls in the middle of the night. I also have one for work.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    ArcBody, I don't really understand. Is this a cradle, or an external battery? (or both?). How do you remove the external battery from the stand?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I love having the cradle at work, the problem is, i have to take the Treo out of the case to use the cradle. Too much hassle.
    I like the cradle because:

1. It keeps my Treo in an upright position (no slipping around and is easier to view)

2. I don't have to plug anything in, just slip it in place, it sits there while charging.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Doesn't the cradle block the hole on the bottom where the microphone is? I am surprised to hear you say it improved the speakerphone, I have assumed it made it worse and thus haven't used the speakerphone while in the cradle...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiscer
    Doesn't the cradle block the hole on the bottom where the microphone is? I am surprised to hear you say it improved the speakerphone, I have assumed it made it worse and thus haven't used the speakerphone while in the cradle...
    Works fine for me while on the cradle. I've dialed into conference calls using the speakerphone with no problems.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Given a choice, I prefer a feature-rich Treo 600 "friendly" Cradle:
    • Phone Headset Port Access
    • Stereo Headset Port Access
    • Stereo Adapter Access for Headphones or Speakers
    • Compatibility with all Treo 600 Approved Charge and Sync Cables
    • Cradle-based Cable Connector, allowing cradle use w/o cables
    • Cradle-Based Rechargeable Lithium Ion 1200 mAh Battery
    • Secure Mounting of Treo to Cradle (Treo approved / Treo safe)
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    So where can you buy the MDISI cradle?????
    drmrw on a treo 600 gprs t-mobile

"One out of 3 people has two people standing next to them..."
    The MDISI cradle will be available for purchase through the TreoCentral Store later this month. It will be listed in the featured products section once available.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast