Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    They just announced Proclip for the Treo 600.

http://w3.easytrade.net/images/image.php?id=1215843

Now someone buy it and tell us how it is!
    Thanks for the info. I guess I should be able to report late this week/early the next...

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I ordered mine today. I'll let you know!
    I was going to get this but $35 bucks is too expensive IMO when you can get a generic air vent mount at walmart for only $8 bucks...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I know it's a bit expensive but it nothing that you'd pick up for $8 bucks would even compare.
    It truly is worth the price.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I was going to get this but $35 bucks is too expensive
    You wish. It's $35 for holder plus $30 for the car mount = $65 all together.

For $35 I'd probably buy, $65 I'm having second thoughts. Any ideas out there?
    I gotta admint, I'm a freak and scooped up the Proclip for the Treo 600 and holder ... I'm in my car a lot and having the Treo sit in my cup holder isn't a great idea when I reach down to see who's calling.

I dropped the $65 for the bracket plus holder.

I am a big iPod fan and searched my forums and wound up reading good things. IF the Treo is half as good as advertised of proclip quality, then I'll grab up on for the ipod.

Not sure about s/h time, i ordered last night, hopefully no more than a few days.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    Originally posted by vikrampant
    I gotta admint, I'm a freak and scooped up the Proclip for the Treo 600 and holder ... I'm in my car a lot and having the Treo sit in my cup holder isn't a great idea when I reach down to see who's calling.

I dropped the $65 for the bracket plus holder.

I am a big iPod fan and searched my forums and wound up reading good things. IF the Treo is half as good as advertised of proclip quality, then I'll grab up on for the ipod.

Not sure about s/h time, i ordered last night, hopefully no more than a few days.

-- Vikram
    I've had one for my 300...absolutely loved it. Worth every penny of $65. Fits well in my car, easy to put the Treo in and take it out. No screws in the dash, no glue on the dash, just fits...like a glove. I ordered a new holder (don't need the whole thing, since I already have the bracket) Monday morning...got notification that it was shipped today! Looking forward to not having my Treo sliding around in the cup holder and getting sloshed on!
    Got my Proclip today. Ordered overnight delivery...very prompt. It fits great in my car and is perfect! I had the Treo 600 on my cup holder, but now I have easy access and can glance at it. Also, it has a little hook on the side where you can hang your headset, earpiece. Very nice. The base also swivels to what ever angle you need. I haven't driven with it yet, but thought I'd at least let y'all know it is great!
    Does the ProClip seem like it would still fit with eGrips on the phone? eGrips are only .02" thick on back and sides, but the ProClip I have in my wife's car for her Nokia is a pretty exact fit.

JW
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I too had the proclip for my 300. Yes it worked great. However, I also am now sold on egrips for my 600. I don't believe there would be anyway for the (side of the unit) egrips to work. I came up with my own solution that I'm very happy with. I still have the proclip custom mount in my truck. As seen on other posting, I purchased the Bell Magnetic Mount from Walmart. I attached the unit to the proclip base and have a very solid secure "custom" mount. I have no concern about how securely my 600 is when attached to it. Also, after about a weeks usage, I have no concern with the magnetic attachment interfering with phone performance or data storage. Bottomline: secure mount, looks good, egrips, plus I have a mount that probably is ready for the Treo 900 (just thinking ahead) and $20 less than complete proclip setup.
    Not sure. It looks pretty tight.
    Originally posted by TreoInCollege

You wish. It's $35 for holder plus $30 for the car mount = $65 all together.

For $35 I'd probably buy, $65 I'm having second thoughts. Any ideas out there?
    Yes, mount it yourself. See attached jpg for ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by newtreouser

Yes, mount it yourself. See attached jpg for ideas.
    Wow! I'm not sure what more interesting...the Treo600 mount or the fact that you took that pic while driving 60 mph!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

....... that you took that pic while driving 60 mph!

....and doin some web browsing too ''
    Mcnab
    I don't recommend surfing while driving. Safety first!! When I do surf, I take quick glimpes at the Treo and never take my eyes off the road for more than a split second. I only take glimpses when I feel it's safe to do so. The pic is one of many I snapped at 60 without taking my eyes off the rd. I picked the best one to post.

I am typing at the gym's threadmill walking on 15% incline. Surfing on a threadmill is perfect to kill time. It's been 45 min already and it feels like it's been only 15. Without the Treo, I would have been bored after 20 min.
    Just received mine today. Fits just fine (as did my previous one with my Treo300). And, I have eGrips on...makes it a little tight, but still goes in. I have the feeling that the bottom 1.5 inches or so of the eGrips on the side are going to come off (or I'll just cut them off), but the rest of it is not affected. In other words, the top four or five inches of the eGrips on the sides will be fine. And the back of the eGrips is not affected at all.
    Just got my ProClip today. This is perfect for anyone that needs to use their phone constantly while driving. I am now able to charge, talk, surf, look up info, etc...without taking too much attention away from the road. I would recommend to anyone.
    Ordered my ProClip last week, received today. Installed in under five minutes. Took a short road trip 25 miles to my office, works greatH
    Ordered my ProClip last week, received today. Installed in under five minutes. Took a short road trip 25 miles to my office, works great!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast