1.    #1  
    Has anyone installed Launcher X with their Treo 600. It is working great for me then all of the sudden will soft reset when I attempt to mover apps around into other areas. Anyone having issues? I downloaded the latest 1.1 version.
    LauncherX works great (aside from the nav buttons).

The problem is that if you have an invalid app on the tab which is open, it will cause the reset. Its not LauncherX thats causing the prob but one of you other apps.
    Originally posted by ttgchicago
    LauncherX works great (aside from the nav buttons).
    Huh ?
    Did you downlaod the new version (1.1)
    My nav buttons work just fine...
    Ditto!

Rock solid.....
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Did you downlaod the new version (1.1)
    Ahhh ... I was running 1.0.2.

Im not too embarassed though. According to the history notes from the LauncherX website, v1.1 just cam out today!
    Thanks for the 5way nav support! The one thing I haven't figured out yet, is how to access the gadgets with the thumbpad.
    Hold down the option (Blue) key and you can scroll through the gadgets with the 5 way.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  8.    #8  
    Weird. I installed ver 1.1 again and it works now. It's much better than 1.02 because the rocker nav button can navigate the apps and the tabs vs. just the tabs in 1.02.
    I have version 1.1 installed and really like it. I had used the old version on my 300 for a long while. I have one problem. The information and card tools gadgets do not seem to work correctly with my 512 SD card.

By that I mean, I have 38 mp3 files stored in the AUDIO directory and cannot see them in the gadget apps. They show up fine in pTunes but not in LauncherX. They do have fairly long file names could that be the problem? Anyone else see this?
    I'm having the same problem with moving apps to different tabs via the drag and drop method, but if you tap and hold on the app you want to move, a popup window will appear with a list of the tabs. Just select the one you want to move your app to.

Originally posted by joshalee
    Has anyone installed Launcher X with their Treo 600. It is working great for me then all of the sudden will soft reset when I attempt to mover apps around into other areas. Anyone having issues? I downloaded the latest 1.1 version.
    I used Launcherx on my 180. Downloaded the new version today. One thing I did like with the default launcher was the ability to move between applications using the 5-way. Launcherx only moves through the tabs using the 5-way. I still have to put my grubby fingers on the screen to select an application.
    I still have to put my grubby fingers on the screen to select an application.
    From any of the tabs you can click the select (middle) button from the 5-way to then chose the specific apps.
    With the 600, I'm still baffled as to why people need (or want) to use a Launcher program. I'm not bashing it; I just don't get it.

I VERY rarely have to use the home app launcher - to me, the single key selection via Favorites is so much simpler. But maybe I'm missing something - tell me, o Launcher-lovers, why you want your Launcher. What do you get out of it? Clue me in.
    Originally posted by gsmith22
    I used Launcherx on my 180. Downloaded the new version today. One thing I did like with the default launcher was the ability to move between applications using the 5-way. Launcherx only moves through the tabs using the 5-way. I still have to put my grubby fingers on the screen to select an application.
    If you press the center button on any of the tabs, you'll be able to move between apps using the 5-way.
    launchers are nice for a variety of reasons. first of all, most people will use like the highly customizable appearence.

secondly and more important to me is the system management functions, especially moving files and apps to the SD card, which zLauncher actually does a better job of. For instance, I have epocrates and docs to go running mostly from the sD card, which opens up the unit alot
    Originally posted by nrosser
    With the 600, I'm still baffled as to why people need (or want) to use a Launcher program. I'm not bashing it; I just don't get it.

I VERY rarely have to use the home app launcher - to me, the single key selection via Favorites is so much simpler. But maybe I'm missing something - tell me, o Launcher-lovers, why you want your Launcher. What do you get out of it? Clue me in.
    The Favorites function is limited to 10 x 5. If you fill half of the slots with phone #'s, that only leaves you half the slots for favorites; most of the time messed up w/phone #'s in between. I rather leave the Favorites for phone#'s & use the unlimited capability of a launcher...
  17.    #17  
    I have always preferred Launcher X over Palm Standard Apps. Just the UI.

I actually store quite a bit of programs and docs which were on my Tungsten C.

Version 1.1 is great especially with the 5 button navigation. No need for the stylus.

I set Launcher X to be launched through my main center button.
    How does Launcher X compare to Z Launcher? I've never used Launcher X before. I have Z Launcher installed currently and I like it a lot.
    I love Launcher X as well. I have it set up on my Treo 600 to launch from the 4th button. I also like to turn off the unit from the gadget icon at the bottom. My thinking is that I am just touching the screen to turn off the unit there by saving wear and tear on the function buttons. Is that too wierd? I am continually amazed at how unique everyone's (me included!) way of handling issues are so different as well as the incredible degree of "analness" we all have with our devices.
    Now they just need to make LauncherX work with the built-in (GSM/GPRS) or downloadable (Sprint) Handspring Mail app, instead of just Snappermail. The ability to email ANY file to someone, instead of just the program (the standard PalmOS launcher can email programs only, regardless of mail program) could prove to be VERY helpful! But as it stands now, unless you have Snappermail, you can't email anything using LauncherX, and the phone instead does a reset (at least that's what it does for me).

- Mike