1.    #1  
    I have been using Hotmail for over a year-first on the 300 and now on the 600. Suddenly last week the entire format changed. Now it's a real pain just to read mail but worse yet I can neither reply nor write a new post and then send it. I can create/reply but I have not been able to actually send anything. Anyone have the fix?
    Originally posted by jfscars48
    I have been using Hotmail for over a year-first on the 300 and now on the 600. Suddenly last week the entire format changed. Now it's a real pain just to read mail but worse yet I can neither reply nor write a new post and then send it. I can create/reply but I have not been able to actually send anything. Anyone have the fix?
    When I saw your e-mail I tried this for the first time.

I was able to send myself a new message. What type of difficulty are you having?

I do admit that the new format doesn't look as good on the Treo. On my other phone, Treo 300, I used the EudoraMail program (text only). It was quite easy and fast to use Hotmail.

( just had to ask to be sure: you're using http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx right? )
  3.    #3  
    I have the right URL as when I login I am able to receive my hotmail messages. I just cannot reply to them nor can I originate a new message to anyone (as opposed to a reply).
    What kind of data service do you need for Hotmail to work? I have TMobile and do not currently have a data plan (i.e. no T-Zones or T-Mobile Internet; my Treo is only 3 days old) and have been accessing the internet, I guess through the free WAP (I can see full graphics though, don't know how that works). When I go to

http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

my browser just waits forever in "Sending" state.

Any ideas? I have tried clearing cookies etc.
    Last edited by zgraff; 12/08/2003 at 07:18 PM.
    Originally posted by zgraff
    have been accessing the internet, I guess throught the free WAP (I can see full graphics though, don't know how that works).
    Wouldn't count on that. You may be surprised with a per-megabyte charge on your first month's bill. Might want to contact T-Mobile and make sure you're not being charged, or sign up for a T-Mobile Internet plan for economy's sake. (P.S. T-Zones is not for Treos)
    Originally posted by zgraff
    What kind of data service do you need for Hotmail to work? I have TMobile and do not currently have a data plan (i.e. no T-Zones or T-Mobile Internet; my Treo is only 3 days old) and have been accessing the internet, I guess throught the free WAP (I can see full graphics though, don't know how that works). When I go to

my browser just waits forever in "Sending" state.

Any ideas? I have tried clearing cookies etc.
    You need the $19.99 internet plan. I, and other users, could not log in without that add-on service.
    I have the same issue.
    I had been using Hotmail from the regular hotmail.com web site without a problem for a month on the T600, but their new screen design has ended that.
    I can get all the way to the reply screen, and type my reply, but then the buttons (most importantly the SEND button) don't work.
    I wrote hotmail feedback asking them to add more buttons that were the same as the old ones.
    Any experts on web page design that know what is going on?
    Hi
    I have found the same problem when using webpro

After loggin in using webpro it has a warning saying I am not using IE6 and they cannot guarantee any of it will work
    Do you want to
    a) download IE6
    b) continue at your own risk

when I continue I can read all my mail just not reply coming up with the HTTP cannot find page error

If I use blazer it works fine though
    slower but still works

Does anyone know if the Eudora Text browser works on treo 600 and where tobuy from?

thanks

r
    actually send does not work on blazer just reply (which does not on webpro)

damned Microsoft!

r
    Originally posted by rich1221
    actually send does not work on blazer just reply (which does not on webpro)

damned Microsoft!

r
    I tried it several times today and it seems to be flaky, but I was able to send myself a message multiple times.

I tried it with and without the T-Mobile accelerator proxy. I think it is more reliable without the proxy, but I'll try some more.
    I found a work around for the hotmail problem.
    Instead of hotmail.com, log into

After you put in your password, it takes you to a no frills version of the hotmail web page. The buttons all work there.

When you reply, it doesn't not show to message history, but it does send it along.
  12.    #12  
    Ted3
    you solved my problem with this link-thanks
    Ted3,

What you've suggested works for me 99% of the time. But I got some mail that shows "Attachments: 1". There is no apparent way to get to the attachment. The email itself just has the "To" line and then the "Subject" line, then "Attachments: 1". There is no button for attachments. When I access my Hotmail account from my laptop on a landline, there was no attachment, just the body of the email. I used my Treo 600 and went to "Hotmail.com" and accessed my account and was able to read the body of the email but, of course, I could not reply. Kinda weird. Any ideas?