1.    #1  
    I set up Verichat and got it running fine lastnight. This morning I tried to connect and all I get is, "Connecting to AIM proxy...". What's up with that? I had it running fine lastnight. I was even talking to my daugher through aim and was very excited about the whole IM thing.

Please help.

Thanks
    That's unusual. I've used their service for a long time and never had any issues. What 600 do you have, cdma or GSM?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    I use sprint.
    And I assume you don't have any network log on issues? You cannot open the Verichat app unless you have an active network connection. I would delete Verichat, from the launcher>pulldown menu>delete>select Verichat>okay and then re-install Verichat. One you open the Verichat app the first time you will have to set it up as you know and it will send you an SMS with a number that you will have insert to activate the Verichat program. Then set up your AIM profile again.
    See if re-installing the app fixes your problem.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  5.    #5  
    After sucessfully installing verichat lastnight my daughter asigned me an icon onced I singed on. This was added through the setting area of aim in my aim account. This somehow screwed up the ability for verichat to connect to the aim server.

Interesting isn't it? File this one away for use later.

Hope it helps and thanks to all of you for your help.

Thordog.
    I have the same problem. I'm a long time Verichat user but for the past 12+ hours I have not been able to log in. Even worse, I left my status as "available" so my Treo is buzzing with a copy of every IM I receive on my desktop program.

I also use the Sprint Treo 600.
    does anyone know how buddy lists update in verichat? what if i make a change to my AIM buddy list on my PC - can it update on verichat?
    does anyone know how buddy lists update in verichat? what if i make a change to my AIM buddy list on my PC - can it update on verichat?
    Not sure exactly how it updates but it does update if you add a buddy from your pc
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by thordog
    This morning I tried to connect and all I get is, "Connecting to AIM proxy...". What's up with that? I had it running Thanks
    It started working this afternoon. Give it a try and see if it works for you.