1. chp
    I just had a great piece of luck..my trusty treo 300 broke and sprint replaced it under equipment replacement..the new one was defective so I took it into the sprint store and got them to exchange it for a treo 600 reconditioned....the problem is I am only getting the phone...nothing else (of course I am still quite happy)..will I be able to use any of the 300 stuff..like the ac adaptor or car charger..also will treo use the same palm desktop (on Mac OSX 10.2.8)..I am very happy but just need to know what to buy......

Thanks

Chris
    Charger - yes
    Car charger - no (I don't think so, anyway)
    Sync cable - yes
    Palm desktop - no (but you'll be able to download the new version for free, no big deal)
    Headset thinger - yes
    Some apps - yes
    Other apps - no

That is pretty lucky on the 300 --> 600 upgrade. Congratulations, duder.

Your new Treo will probably wind up costing you some money (I'm guessing there will be some groovy new thing that you will be unable to resist), but if you stick to what you really need, you should be able to be pretty frugal about the new thing.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Depends on what the car charger is - if it's one of the "Handspring" approved ones, it's fine. Mine was purchased from HS last year, looks like one in the book, and seems to work okay.

I did NOT have to update my Palm Desktop - of course I'm on Windows, but I just created a new HotSync user to avoid problems with trying to resync all of my old data, and I use the same Palm Desktop and Hotsync version that was on the PC for my Treo 270.

Danita
    Originally posted by Danitaz
    I did NOT have to update my Palm Desktop - of course I'm on Windows, but I just created a new HotSync user to avoid problems with trying to resync all of my old data, and I use the same Palm Desktop and Hotsync version that was on the PC for my Treo 270.
    Huh. I seem to remember being told (by Windows) to install the new thing. I was using the old user ID, though, so maybe that's the difference. (I mean, I know that it's a difference, of course.) Or maybe I was using a very old version of Palm Desktop? Let's see... I was using... 4.0.1 and am now using... 4.1. Huh. I can't imagine that would make any big difference. Well, did I mention that I'm a moron? And now, a new paragraph.

Hi!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Heehee - but you know - whatever works!!! You've got newer desktop software now, and that's not a bad thing!

Danita
    you need to go ahead and install the newer desktop interface because the app install0
    ...because the app installer has OS5 Specific features/ upgrades

namely, the old desktop software does not allow installing stuff directly to the card via hotsync, and the old desktop software does not quarantine unsafe-for-OS5 data and apps.
    Last edited by crazyray; 12/08/2003 at 04:32 PM.