1.    #1  
    For my Treo 600, can I buy one of those ebay CDs that have "thousands of software titles for palm OS5" and use them?

I've seen some of those CDs and some say some handspring and all palm OS5.

What version is in the Treo 600? Can the software be updated anc can I use the cheasy software CDs on ebay?

Thanks
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    Those bundles are most likely a bunch of sharewares and freeware that you can get just by downloading off the internet. The internet has the most recent version too, so there really is no reason to buy those cds.
  3.    #3  
    I realize that that's all freeware, but it's all in one place. Not like I have to hunt & peck to find 50 titles here and 35 there. It's worth a fiver to have a CD with everything already on there.

Will it work on the Treo 600?
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    Originally posted by FatTony
    I realize that that's all freeware, but it's all in one place. Not like I have to hunt & peck to find 50 titles here and 35 there. It's worth a fiver to have a CD with everything already on there.

Will it work on the Treo 600?
    It's impossible for us to say yes or no to a question like that - it depends on the titles provided on the CD. My guess is that some will work and other won't. Note that free software is less likely to be updated for the Treo 600 than commercial software.

The most important thing is to make a safe backup of your working 600 before attempting to install anything off these CDs. I would also suggest getting the emulator, and trying software on that first - it will not catch all problems, but will 'thin the herd' a bit.