Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Treo 600 Battery Indicator + Nav-pad Support!!!
    sweetness!
    thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I'm disappointed, you can't select apps with the 5 way pad.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    In my humble opinion, ZLauncher rules the roost. I love it.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I'm disappointed, you can't select apps with the 5 way pad.

No, it does. I can select an app via nav-pad, hit the middle button and it goes to the app. Maybe try and reinstall or something, because the Nav-pad works great for me. Also, if you removed parts (when you launch LX for the first time, it lets you pull stuff out), try installing whole. Unless you have trouble with something else I was not clear about?

good luck getting it to work, nav-pad should let you scroll though and select apps.
    Originally posted by skidoo
    In my humble opinion, ZLauncher rules the roost. I love it.
    I have to agree. Launcher-X might allow you to navigate and launch with the 5-way, but ZLauncher also allows (on a long center press) access to a complete menu of operations on an application (like Launch, Change Category, Copy To Card, Beam, Send, Info, Delete, etc).

ZLauncher is the more powerful app if you never want to use your stylus again in the launcher.

-- Rod (no affiliation with either company or product)
    The other problem is that favorites still don't work from Launcher X.
    Originally posted by glenng

No, it does. I can select an app via nav-pad, hit the middle button and it goes to the app. Maybe try and reinstall or something, because the Nav-pad works great for me. Also, if you removed parts (when you launch LX for the first time, it lets you pull stuff out), try installing whole. Unless you have trouble with something else I was not clear about?

good luck getting it to work, nav-pad should let you scroll though and select apps.
    Thanks I did get that to work. It was just an oversight on my behalf.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Anybody looking for a launcher should absolutely take a look a this one.

Simplicity meets full Treo 600 integration with the stock battery indicator and signal strength indicator built-in to the launcher!
    Treo-Specific no-stylus Tip from the manual.

"Tip: Users of Treo 600 series devices can select a gadget without using a stylus by holding down blue “option-shift” key and moving left/right with the 5-way navigator, whilst still holding down the “option-shift” key, hitting the 5-way center button will activate the gadget. If an application has been selected, the equivalent action will be the same as a drag and drop operation otherwise the default action will be the same as tapping the gadget with the stylus."
    IMO the addition of the 5-way nav and the battery indicator now make this the perfect application launcher.
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    I agree with all the positive comments about Launcher X in this thread. I've used it and its predecessor Launcher III for ages and they've been absolutely rock solid. V1.1, with five-way support and signal strength/network status icons, is a joy. I tried ZLauncher for a while but couldn't find a skin I liked (they all seemed rather cluttered and mostly just garish). Also it doesn't seem that ZLauncher has anything equivalent to the Launcher X 'shortcut' feature (which allows apps with conduits to sync when they're stored on an SD card).