Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I upgraded to my t600 from a 180 (both GSM versions). I am upset with how they call management works on the t600 vs. the t180/t270. On my old 180 when a call cam in whilst I was on a call I got three options: Answer (placing the current call on hold), Hangup (disconnecting the current call and answering the second one), and ignore (self explanory).

On the t600 the only options are Answer and Ignore. Therefore, if I want to ditch the current call I need to answer the 2nd call then switch back to the first one and hang it up, switching me to the new call.

It is a bit of a pain. I called HS support and they told me this was they way the T600 was designed. I wonder if enough of us complain if they will change it back.

Is anyone else annoyed by this change to interface??

-david
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Uh, personally I can't think of a more trivial, minor, nitpicking complaint. No, not with you on this at all. Not a big deal. In the least.
    Last edited by skidoo; 12/06/2003 at 10:30 PM.
    Originally posted by skidoo
    Uh, personally I can't think of a more trivial, minor, nitpicking complaing.
    I want a Treo that smells better.

Edit: what's a "complaing?"
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by snerdy

What's a "complaing?"
    A complaint. But less "int" and more "ing."
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Originally posted by skidoo
    Uh, personally I can't think of a more trivial, minor, nitpicking complaint. No, not with you on this at all. Not a big deal. In the least.

I would have to disagree with you on this, it is not as if I am asking for a new feature or technology (like all those asking for bluetooth) I am wondering why they REMOVED features that were part of a previous generation of product.

-d
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dbregman

I would have to disagree with you on this, it is not as if I am asking for a new feature or technology (like all those asking for bluetooth) I am wondering why they REMOVED features that were part of a previous generation of product.

-d
    As far as I can remember (which on second thought isn't really saying much ), my (Sprint) 600 behaves the same way my (Sprint) 300 did.
    I encountered this issue for the first time today. I dialed someones number and they didn't pick up. As I was leaving a message for them they called me back. Wanting to speak with them I selected to answer the incoming call.

While I was speaking to them the minutes were racking up on both phone numbers. I had a six minute call which I have paid for twice.

I don't believe that it is acceptable that I should have to hang up on the incoming caller in order to dial them back so I can speak with them.

I sincerely hope that future firmware updates will add back the 'hangup' option.
    Originally posted by mmiller683
    ...I sincerely hope that future firmware updates will add back the 'hangup' option.
    I second ya there! I truly miss this of my 270.
    One way around this is to click 'ignore' when the second call comes in. Then just hang up the first call. The phone will ring in about 5 seconds with the 2nd call.

Or, an even easier way is to hit the backspace key twice when the 2nd call comes in: the first backspace ignores 2nd call and 2nd backspace hangs up the first call. 2nd call will ring in a few seconds.
    I appreciate the input. but hitting the backspace twice... isn't that hanging up on both calls and the system automatically dials back the second call?

i know when I check my voicemail from my desk phone at work the number that shows up on my Treo is not the full or complete number. It is only a partial that I wouldn't be able to dial back.

the same goes for my wife's work number.

If I was leaving a message for her and then she called in I would have to hang-up on both calls and then go to contacts or favorites to dial her number.

Then there are folks like my boss who wouldn't be too pleased to have me hang-up on or not answer their calls.

All of these would be solved with one more little on screen button called "hang-up"
    I just tried your suggestion (of course after I opened my big fat keyboard) and it does seem to work. I dialed myself twice from my desk phone. When the second call came in I hit the backspace bar twice. The first call ended but the second did eventually ring through again.

Thanks for the workaround. At least we have that until they update the firmware