1.    #1  
    This is the first candy bar devise (T600) I’ve owned that I was so concerned about screen protection. The flip case seems like an excellent option.

I sent the following question to Vaja: “Very impressive quality case. Question: What does one do with the flapping cover when it's open? I expect one would fold it under for PDA use and for phone use, one would fold it under and hold it with one's hand. Seems cumbersome, to me. Some sort of catch to keep the flip cover out of the way would seem to be in order. Do your recommend any tricks?”

I received the following response from Vaja: “Though the Treo 600 case does not have any fastening at the back that keeps the lid fixed when folded, the cover upper part is flexible enough to allow an easy use of the phone.”

How do you Flip Case Fans actually use it? Pro’s and Con’s responses would be greatly appreciated.
    (I.E. - Cumbersome, Pain-In-The-****, No Big Deal, Hardly Know the Difference, etc.)

Thanks
    I have used several flip type cases before with my Visors and now with a Treo 600. The flip part _is_ very flexible. I just open the flip part and it hangs over the back of my hand. It sorta hangs down and flaps in the breeze

I should probably be put in the 'hardly know the difference' category.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.

I've been able to glean some info over the other treo case threads as well.
    On my Bellagio Designs case, you can fasten the flip to the back of the case with the magnetic snap. In fact, doing this creates a nice little pedestal for it on my desk. I don't think this was an intentional design feature, but it works for me...
    Originally posted by Blue Merlin
    Seems cumbersome, to me.

How do you Flip Case Fans actually use it? Pro’s and Con’s responses would be greatly appreciated.
    (I.E. - Cumbersome, Pain-In-The-****, No Big Deal, Hardly Know the Difference, etc.)

Thanks
    That's why I bought the EB case (which should be arriving early next week... I hope). Although I think the other cases are a much better case when it comes to looks and protection, I just don't like the dangling (or the holding down) of the flap when it comes to talking on the phone. I wanna feel like I'm talking on a phone as opposed to a PDA. Plus, I don't want the hassle of having to open the flap everytime I receive a voice call, text message, or alert. I wanna be able to answer calls and read messsages/alerts immediately.
  6.    #6  
    I decided to try out the Piel Frama case with a screen protector. Ordered it yesterday.

The EB case was compelling. I had looked at it before, but not from that perspective. The plastic cover was not for me ... this round.

This site's comments on the magnetic closure, instead of a snap, seem to fit me as well.

I have a question about the Bellagio Designs case. From the pictures, it looks like a "beefy boy". Thick, heavy and stiff. Is that true?
    Originally posted by Blue Merlin
    I decided to try out the Piel Frama case with a screen protector. Ordered it yesterday.

The EB case was compelling. I had looked at it before, but not from that perspective. The plastic cover was not for me ... this round.

This site's comments on the magnetic closure, instead of a snap, seem to fit me as well.

I have a question about the Bellagio Designs case. From the pictures, it looks like a "beefy boy". Thick, heavy and stiff. Is that true?
    The Bellagio does not look that thick and heavy to me, but the Nutshell - being made out of full grain thickness cowhide certainly does.
    I have the bellagio, and it was stiff when I first got it. After about two weeks of use, it is very soft and flexible. It really is not that big on the phone and since it can freely swivel, I can check the number when a call comes in.