Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I have the same frustrations as everyone about the native T600 camera. I stumbled on an interesting product on PalmGear that you can see right

HERE

I searched the TC discussions, but only saw it mentioned on a couple of Treo 90 threads...

Why might it be a possibility?

>Its SD, and skinny enough not to interfere with the radio antenna

>It swivels, which would be better and more comfortable self-portraits or possibly...VIDEOCONFERENCING?!!! wouldn't that be killer.

>Its 640x480/24 bit. I couldn't find the bit specs on the native camera, but that could be a better color depth.

>It has a self-timer...group shots, anyone?

>Adjustable focus...hmmm?

I just saw a review that said it wasn't that great...

Also Palm 5 compatible...

Only $100...what if they build a higher res version?

Here's the product home page...

Veo Photo Traveler for PALM-

Sounds kewl...somebody buy this and test it!

Phil
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Well,

I'm starting to find a few reviews on the thing, but none have been positive.

Looks like quality is questionable and the manual focus is more trouble than its worth, and prevents 1-handed operation.

Sorry...I was thinking that an SD plugin camera would be a better option than trying to RIP OUT the native hardware, as MGauss tried to suggest.

If they do build an SD camera that's worth buying, it should have a flash perched on top and a couple notches higher res than 6x4

Bad Review

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I should probably go to sleep, because now I'm reading a reviews that had some good things to say about it.

Read it HERE
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    These things can be had on eBay for about 50 bucks. Check it out.
    The one redeeming adpect of the Treo's camera is that it's there 24/7, so if you have you cell phone, you have your camera, and you can send pictures immediately. That's why cell phone with cameras are all the rage, despite their generally poor quality. If I want to bring another camera with me, it's going to be my S230, not another toy camera.

I would only want the Veo if I could send jpegs immediately. Apparently this camera stores them in a unique .pdb format which converts the files to jpegs at the desktop on HotSynch. No thanks.
    The one redeeming adpect of the Treo's camera is that it's there 24/7, so if you have you cell phone, you have your camera, and you can send pictures immediately. That's why cell phone with cameras are all the rage, despite their generally poor quality. If I want to bring another camera with me, it's going to be my S230, not another toy camera.

I would only want the Veo if I could send jpegs immediately. Apparently this camera stores them in a unique .pdb format which converts the files to jpegs at the desktop on HotSynch. No thanks.
    I've tried the VEO Traveler SD camera with the Kyocera 7135. The camera's performance is as bad as the one on the T-600. Save your money.