View Poll Results: Have you had your 600 replaced?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • First 600

80 52.98%
  • At least one replacement

71 47.02%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Mine died last night, had it replaced today...Thank you "Backupman". How many of you have had to have yours replaced?
    Nope...still going strong

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    Had to have mine replaced. Received the new one in 2 days. Works fine so far...
    Originally posted by certezuk
    Had to have mine replaced. Received the new one in 2 days. Works fine so far...

What was wrong with it..just curious.

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by AfroCreame

What was wrong with it..just curious.
    I know this wasn't directed to me, but mine just died...no button presses would work, etc. When I got home I tried cold boot (needed the cable) etc. It just died.

The new one is within (by ESN) 1k of the old one btw.

-Rob
    I searched (unsuccesfully) to see if anyone had the same oddity that I encountered...

I will be exchanging my new T600 because the "Y" and "Z" buttons are mapped incorrectly. I had to double-check my other keyboards to make sure the physical keys weren't just swapped. Makes an "annozing" slow-down to an already sluggish typing process....
    Originally posted by Rob600
    Mine died last night, had it replaced today...Thank you "Backupman". How many of you have had to have yours replaced?

Unfortunately, polls like this are always useless because of things like "sample size" and "selection bias". Based on the early returns, more than 50% of people have had to replace their Treo 600. At that rate of defects, Palm would be out of business by January...
  8.    #8  
    The goal of the poll wasn't to get a definative failure rate, but to see how many TC folks who happen to click on this thread have had their 600's replaced. As such, it's perfectly valid.

-Rob
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Mine was replaced becaused it had the loose screw rattle.
    Treo 600 Rocks!
    Mine was replaced because it had been previously sold to someone else. Best buy, embarrased, replaced it with an apology. Other than image display quality (please see my post) my unit has worked flawlessly. Wish I could say the same about my crew.
    Mine fried on a car charger on 11/28. Bought it directly fron Handspring the first week they were out. Called them, was referred to Sprint - bummer! (I didn't want to deal with Sprint. That's why I purchased it from Handspring.)

Called Sprint, had to go to the Sprint Store, ordered a new one, got a Treo 300 delivered last Wednesday - GEE, THANKS BUT NO THANKS, SPRINT! Called Sprint again, still waiting with NO phone!
    on mine, the "sound/silent" switch on the top of the unit failed. rather, the chrome fascia switch became disconnected from the actual switch underneath it. It was stuck in "silent".

[I wish they'd stayed away from aesthetics in this case and had stuck with a "direct" switch like on the T300, but oh well.]

mobileuser
    mobileuser
    [PalmCentro-Sprint / (K)Ubuntu GNU/Linux]
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treo geek
    I searched (unsuccesfully) to see if anyone had the same oddity that I encountered...

I will be exchanging my new T600 because the "Y" and "Z" buttons are mapped incorrectly. I had to double-check my other keyboards to make sure the physical keys weren't just swapped. Makes an "annozing" slow-down to an already sluggish typing process....
    Hmmmm - very interesting - sounds like you got a German keyboard! Where did you get the phone? HS? Carrier, etc.?

Danita
    I got a replacement because the rear speaker in my first unit would no longer work once the battery dipped below 75%. (wow did they hide the percent key or what!) And it wouldn't work if the volume was above 5 either. I guess it was a speaker voltage issue, but I need a phone that actually rings... HS sent my replacement quickly though; I got it about a week after I called about it.
    I got a replacement because my phone would do a battery disconnect reset when I tried to make a phone call. Only had the phone 5 days before it started doing this. Phone worked when fully charged but after 2-3 hours of standby it would do the battery disconnect reset when trying to make a call.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    I sent out my original GSM 600 for a replacement because the speakerphone had a nasty echo. Unfortunately, the replacement I got also has a nasty echo. Probably going to send out for a repacement for my replacement as farzonalmaneih suggested in another thread...
    Yep. I replaced my Treo twice. The 3rd treo I recieved removed the SpeakerPhone echo problem.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Had a rattling loose screw inside.
    Replaced mine after a month of use. One morning when I woke up I could not get the little guy to turn back on. Neither resets did a thing. So I just called the local Sprint stores to see who had one in stock and then drove there to swap it out. Just had to wait 20 minutes for their "Techs" to try and fix it before replacing it. I was in and out with a new Treo in 30 minutes. Not sure why people are so afraid to deal with sprint, I have always had a good experience with them.
    You aint gotta lie to Kick it !
    I had a little, ok well, big problem with completely random soft resets. But with Treo #2, all seems ok after a few weeks.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast