View Poll Results: Have you had your 600 replaced?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • First 600

80 52.98%
  • At least one replacement

71 47.02%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yes and No...earlier this summer i would get a red x on my battery indicator...and well after much calling with PalmOne, they decided to send me a new one...there was nothng wrong with my treo 600 except for that X...when i got the replacement model...the screen was terrible...ultra yellow, and well it was in worst condition than my original one...So i am still using my 1st one (its going strong), and well the replacement i recieved i shipped back to them
    I was using the Radio Shack headphone adapter for a while.

All of a sudden the stereo audio stopped working although the sound came through using standard headset for the phone.

Got a replacement from Sprint in 3 days (brand new unit)
    and purchased Palmone headphones.

That adapter sucks.
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    I'm on my 4th unit in less than a year. First one buzzed all the time (people who I called could hear it worse than me); second one buzzed; third one had a broken ear speaker. My first one lasted about 6 months. Then 4 weeks; 8 weeks and now this one about 6 weeks so far, but it's starting again to make some strange noises when on a call.

On the positive side, Cingular/Handspring/Palm have been good about replacing the units - I get someone in India, then they argue with me about resetting, etc., then after about 10 minutes of arguing they give up and a new one comes in the mail in about 3 days and I simply send the old one back in the same package. On the negative side, units 2 and 3 were refurbed and didn't last any time. They promised me that this unit 4 is a new one and maybe that's better.

Bottom line is that Palm has simply developed a crappy product. The Palm OS side of things seems fine and the email feature works well, but the phone is crap! By the way, there are other threads on this board where you will find people on their 5th, 6th or even 7th units. That should tell Palm something.
    I've never had any problems with my 600. My 270, on the other hand, was terrible. I never got around to replacing it, out of sheer inertia, and regretted it every day until my 600 arrived. (My 270 couldn't get back on the network by itself if it lost the signal, and it lost the signal many, many times a day.) Very happy with the 600, and with Sprint rather than T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardsJ3
    I've never had any problems with my 600. My 270, on the other hand, was terrible. I never got around to replacing it, out of sheer inertia, and regretted it every day until my 600 arrived. (My 270 couldn't get back on the network by itself if it lost the signal, and it lost the signal many, many times a day.) Very happy with the 600, and with Sprint rather than T-Mobile.
    The screen on my first 270 died. It was replaced w/o question on a timely basis. My second 270 is still in use. While I have had lots of software problems with my 600, I am still on the first one. I am so pleased with it, that I have little motivation to move to a badly flawed 650. Of course, I need an unlocked GSM phone and do not expect that any time soon. I will have a lot of data before I have to make a decision. I do not expect a 650 to be as good a device as my 600.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123