View Poll Results: Have you had your 600 replaced?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • First 600

80 52.98%
  • At least one replacement

71 47.02%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    If enough Treos are defective and require people to send them back, are we elegible for a free upgrade when the next Treo comes out? It seems that the quality, and design are flawed.

Let us know your experience with the Treo in this poll:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/-t43820/s.html
    I replaced mine because of a "burnt" spot on the screen. It took over 2 weeks for the replacement from HS. The second uint is working ok so far.
    The poll is shocking.
    Originally posted by gurjit
    Mine was replaced becaused it had the loose screw rattle.
    Whoa, when I gently shake mine, I hear a shaking in the uppoer part of the phone ... sounds like a loose screw!

I can get that replaced! It's not a big bother. I might look into the process ... would only do it if I didn't have to give up the phone first then get replaced.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    Seems like the refurbished market from HS is going to be going strong for a while here.
    I've got that rattling too, but I think it comes from the power button. *shrugs* That's not such a big deal to me though. So what if the power button rattles a little? At least my phone is stable
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
  7.    #27  
    Originally posted by Luna
    If enough Treos are defective and require people to send them back, are we elegible for a free upgrade when the next Treo comes out? It seems that the quality, and design are flawed.

Let us know your experience with the Treo in this poll:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/-t43820/s.html
    I think you miss the point of this poll. It isn't supposed to give a 'failure rate' or any other scientifically relevant numbers. It's only to see how many other Treo Central readers who happen to click on this thread have had their 600's replaced.

It's way to small of a population (and skewed) to come out with anything more than: "Hmm, some TC folks have had to have their 600 replaced."

I posted it when mine died to see if anyone else had similar problems...that's all. Drawing anything else from it is missing the point of the poll.

-Rob

[Edit: spelling]
    Last edited by Rob600; 12/08/2003 at 04:28 PM.
    @nd replacement, 1st had awful spots develop.
    2nd headset speaker died, only speaker phone worked.
    Stopped in Dallas, Tx store on Wednesday, arrived Monday in Phila PA home address.
    Reconditioned model however.
    Bob Shipman
    President
    Congressional District Foundation, PA One
    http://www.congress1.org
    My Treo (Oct 03) was doing great up until 10 days ago. Started getting the 'No Service' after dialing problem and found out about the range of bad ESNs (mine near the front) from this forum....so took it by the Sprint store today with some Treocentral printouts of the issue and they gave me a new one!! Thanks everyone!
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    I'm replacing my Treo and my wife's since the MMS was not working, we just got our Treo's several weeks ago from Verizon. Odd thing is we both got the new Treo's today and when we place them side by side w/ the older ones the screen on the new one is darker and not as sharp, even after adjusting the contrast.

Is there a new LCD design? Kind of odd considering I got these only two weeks apart.
    i was on my first one until yesterday. It lasted over 10 months (I ordered the 2nd day it was available from treocentral store). Now, I am on my second one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chupacabra
    Unfortunately, polls like this are always useless because of things like "sample size" and "selection bias". Based on the early returns, more than 50% of people have had to replace their Treo 600. At that rate of defects, Palm would be out of business by January...
    Agreed. I have had mine for 8 months with no problems. Would like to see a poll on liife. I would bet that most of the failures took place within the first 90 days. Any takers.
    I was on my 1st Treo600 from the day the Treo600 came out. Right when I was using it, the screen suddenly turned dark blue. Everything else still worked, but the screen just displayed a dark blue color. I was traveling at the time so thank goodness for keyboard speed dial - I was still able to make calls, albeit "blind". At the first opportunity I stopped in a Sprint store and they swapped it out. BUT.... I got a PalmOne phone instead of HandSpring

To put it bluntly, this PalmOne model sucks!
    • The battery dies twice as fast.
    • Sometimes it gets "stuck" trying to disconnect from the network (takes up to a minute to disconnect)
    • Did I say the battery sucks?!?!

The only positive is that the power switch doesn't rattle like the old HandSpring model.

And wierdly enough, my ipod began cracking apart at the same time so I got it replaced as well. Go figure
    go.digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    ....It's way to small of a population (and skewed) to come out with anything more than: "Hmm, some TC folks have had to have their 600 replaced."....[Edit: spelling]
    Sick.
  15. BGS
    Had a perfect Treo 600 for 5 months then the ear speaker stopped working. Called Palm One and they knew of this problem and sent me a new on 7 days later ...New unit is perfect so far.
    Bruce,
    Treo 600 & 650 / Cingular
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    On my second one. Problem was with the camera - the far left edge of the picture (about 10% of width) was always darker than the rest after image capture.
    Got my Treo 10 days ago 4 later days it also completely died, soft or hard reset did not work. Got my new one 5 days ago, so far so good. But I am also miffed at the poor screen. Has a blue tint at low contrast and very flickery at normal levels
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    On my second one. Problem was with the camera - the far left edge of the picture (about 10% of width) was always darker than the rest after image capture.
    Used to have that problem with my other digital camera. Found out it was my finger.
    I am a huge Sprint fan. Great corporate discount 25%, Unlimited pcsvision for the original $10 cost, and phone minutes at a competive rate. Pay $45 including taxes after all the discounts. Great bargain when using PDANet. Had my treo600 replaced twice in a year. First one was a known handspring defect with a loose screw inside the case, the second developed mental retardation after the sprint 1.2 update, the third actually says palmone on the case and works flawlessly. The company representivites in the store and the tech support have been nothing but awesome. If I had to throw stones at anything, its that b**ch Claire, the auto repsonse system. It ususally takes 10 minutes to get past her(it) but the humans behind her will get your problems solved.
    yep, i HAVE the screw loose thing going on! GRRRRRRRR! I think I'll go for a replacement AGAIN. Returned it the FIRST time b/c it constantly rebooted, locked up, and just jacked up in general. I was in the middle of describing the THRID issue I was having with it when they were like, okay, what's your address...we're mailing you one. I was happy...it SEEMED to be new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast