Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have the 600 and have it set to vibrate when it rings as well as the ringer to sound. I need it to vibrate while audibly ringing because I frequently cannot hear it in my pocket. Now WHILE I AM ON A CALL, and some sms message, beep, verichat notification, or voicemail notification comes in, the phone is vibrating in my ear while talking on a call. Does anyone else experience this, and is there a way to cancel vibration WHILE ON A CALL

And also maybe lower the volume of the alerts while on a call, its loud in my ear when I get a message

thanks
    Last edited by rudelover2; 12/06/2003 at 01:51 PM.
    No offense, but you really should read the manual. Go to Preferences->Sound. Note that right at the top is a pop-up menu that says Application and is set to Phone. Click on that and you can set separate volume and vibration settings for Phone, Mail, Calendar, MMS, and SMS.
    I'm not sure that answered the previous question. I believe he wanted DIFFERENT behavior from his various alerts and alarms only WHILE on a phone call.

I too have the same problem: I usually want sound and vibration from alarms/alerts... but while I'm on a call it is annoying, and embarrasing to explain, what all the noise is going on :-) Switching the sound selector button off each time a phone call comes in is impractical, and you'd still have the vibration.

I'd be intersted in any solutions.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com