Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by george_vc
    I don't have a 600 yet (t-mobile hold out) but am curious is the keyboard really OK ? I have gotten so I cane really bang out 2 handed text on the 270 and not sure how well the smaller keyboard will compare. Some say the get used to it but none say it is better or faster than 270 or 300. Your results ?
    I haven't really had a problem with the key size. But then again, i have some pretty small hands. takes a little getting used to with the rearranged symbols. but everything does.

it's slippery tho! dropped it a few times already, with it's smooth rounded back. i hodl onto this tthing reeeeeeal tight when I'm outside.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    600 keyboard is OK, but honestly I like 300 keyboard much better. I could type quite a long emails or documents with 300 keyboard fairly fast, but I don't think I can do that with 600 keyboard. I have small hands, but 600 keyboard is too small and crowded to be comfortable.
    Originally posted by MichaelBuffalo

Best response so far, I'd have to say. Look at it, it's elegant, concise and get's the point across. Pure genius.
    You like my reply ha buffalo? Bet you can't type the "square" symbol from your 600.
    Originally posted by ignar
    600 keyboard is OK, but honestly I like 300 keyboard much better. I could type quite a long emails or documents with 300 keyboard fairly fast, but I don't think I can do that with 600 keyboard. I have small hands, but 600 keyboard is too small and crowded to be comfortable.
    It is undeniably true - the 600 Keyboard is clearly less user friendly. Those who disagree are, in my opinion, more guided by their excitement and pleasure with a new toy than in a candid view of what it really is. Not hard to understand. Early adopters love their new toys and, like kids, aren't inclined to see the negatives with respect to them.

No way, no how, can anyone honestly say that the 600 keyboard is as userfriendly as the 270/300 or blackberry. It simply is NOT. And will NEVER be.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by zipmitz
    No way, no how, can anyone honestly say that the 600 keyboard is as userfriendly as the 270/300 or blackberry. It simply is NOT. And will NEVER be.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I went through three 300s, and I've had my 600 for about over a month now. Extensive e-mailing, document editing, and IMing. All very fast. At least as fast as on my 300. I'm 5' 10", with very normal-size hands:

http://www.trip23.com/mobileshots/im...1b_04Dec03.jpg
    My 2 cents is holding the treo600 and typing is not as comfortable as the 300, but just as quick. Keycaps hack APP is a big plus!
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
  7. sd8
    keyboard is way too cramped

my hands aren't that big and i get used to various
    typing devices. but, not this.

holding it with two hands to type is awkward
    because of the size of the phone.

let's just say, i could type whole paragraphs on my
    old sidekick without looking at the keyboard. this,
    you have to look down at every letter and make sure it's
    right.
    Having had a Blackberry 7230 and now the T600 ... the BB7230 is probably a better keyboard and easier to use. HOWEVER, it is a WIDER, more SPACED out keyboard and the phone part of the BB 7230 just was not good for me. And, the "wideness" of that phone didn't work well for me and wasn't comfortable.

Now, the T600 .. I"m happy with so far. I've had to get used to the keyboard and not a pro on it yet but it is just fine for me and I can type medium-fast speeds on it.
    If it was bigger etc... sure, that would be great EXCEPT then they'd make the phone wider or something and I think this Treo 600 form factor is pretty good for what you get out of the device.

FWIW ... keyboard is good for me but if all you do is e-mail/docs then a BB7230 *could* be a better answer -- MAYBE! Only thing is software for the BB's is non-existant unless you are enterprise/corporate users. And, the Treo 600 KB .. you will learn it and you will get better. Now, if you have long nails or really big fingers .. any of these devices this size would be somewhat hard to manage.

--edit--
    hands are avg size ...

also, i haven't done enough on the kb yet to learn it totally from feel so I have to glance at it when I type but getting better.
    For my $.02, I do like the 600 keyboard but I liked the 300 better for fast typing as I used both hands, my two fingers and the 300 on a flat surface.

With the 600, because the back is not flat like the 300, I can't do that anymore. I've ordered the Handpsring keyboard since I attend some conventions where I take extensive notes for long hours.

I have to say that is about the only thing I miss from my 300 but I'm loving the 600!

Hope that helps.

Ismenio
    Another reason I type faster on the 600 is the keys are closer together, which mean less distance traveled for the finger.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12