Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    According to Handspring the Treo 600 is not compatible with Bluetooth. No further elaboration available.
  2. #2  
    Wow---hot news...been discussed here ad nauseum for months.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by jposin
    Wow---hot news...been discussed here ad nauseum for months.
    Sorry to waste your time, was news to me.
  4. #4  
    I was under the impression that Bluetooth can be added when a SDIO card becomes available? I am pretty sure I remember reading this somewhere -- can someone confirm this? Or is it the case that Bluetooth will just not work with the phone ever?
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by jflamm
    I was under the impression that Bluetooth can be added when a SDIO card becomes available? I am pretty sure I remember reading this somewhere -- can someone confirm this? Or is it the case that Bluetooth will just not work with the phone ever?
    an sd bluetooth card should word, but then it takes up your only slot.

    For me not worth loosing the slot. Maybe if they come out with a combo bluetooth/mem card, I'll think about it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6. #6  
    You will also need a Treo 600/Palm OS5 compatible driver for any Bluetooth SD card (is anyone writing one??). Plus, you will lose your SD memory, unless they offer a combo card (big $$).
  7. #7  
    Hey I'll happily take the loss of memory if I can just use my Jabra Freespeak w/o the adapter AND answer the phone from the earpiece. The old 300 would do this but the 600 will not. It automatically hangs up the call. Grrrrrr...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    Hey I'll happily take the loss of memory if I can just use my Jabra Freespeak w/o the adapter AND answer the phone from the earpiece. The old 300 would do this but the 600 will not. It automatically hangs up the call. Grrrrrr...
    Just get the Unleash. Alot of people have very positive results with it...

    As far as the BT SD card is concerned, the only possible hope is Hagiwara, but there hasn't been any news from them in months. Basically, I wouldn't bet on any BT solutions for the Treo until the next version of the phone rolls out...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9. #9  
    I thought the issuw was Wi-Fi (802.11X) not BT. I thoght that there was prevision on the motherboard of the T600 for BT in the future. I thgouht that there was a BT SD-I/O card coming soon and the only real issue was Wi-Fi due to power requirements that the T600 SD-I/O slot can't provide to it?
    Matt
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    I thought the issuw was Wi-Fi (802.11X) not BT. I thoght that there was prevision on the motherboard of the T600 for BT in the future. I thgouht that there was a BT SD-I/O card coming soon and the only real issue was Wi-Fi due to power requirements that the T600 SD-I/O slot can't provide to it?
    Matt
    There's "issues" with both unfortunately. The SD wifi cards apparently won't work b/c of lack of power req in the circuitry of the Treo SDIO slot. The the lack of BT SD cards is b/c of lack of OS 5.x drivers and PalmOne has apparently no intention of releasing one leaving it up to 3rd party devs like Hagiwara. And who knows when that will happen...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11. #11  
    Eamil from Sandisk::

    However we're not working on a Bluetooth product. We are working on a Wi-Fi product for Palm OS 5.x, but there has been some delays.

    Here are links for more information:


    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/68/34458.html
    http://www.bargainpda.com/default.as...wComments=true
    http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/20...1211023033.htm
    http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/news/article.php/3287941
    http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/News_story_more_453.php



    anDisk Retail Sales
  12. #12  
    Handspring stated that they will work with a third party to eventually release a bluetooth card for Treo. Last I heard they are doing so, and it is under development.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  13. #13  
    Perhaps they are bypassing OS5 and focusing on writing drivers for OS6 which was released to licensees on time according to brighthand.
    David

Posting Permissions