1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having this problem? I currently have AT&T service (with just a basic cell phone). I'm trying to "migrate" to the new Treo 600, but over the last 3 days I've either been placed on long hold with AT&T (45 minutes) or told by a recorded voice to "call back." So, meanwhile, I can't activate my Treo 600. Help!
    just put your sim in & go
  3.    #3  
    I have no idea what you mean.
    If you are using an old AT&T TDMA phone on their old network, you will need to get a SIM card from ATT for their new GSM network. If you have a SIM card in your current AT&T phone, just pop it out and install it into your new AT&T T600 and away you go. If in doubt, head for an AT&T store.
  5.    #5  
    no, it's just a basic $50 phone.
    Doesn't matter is it's basic or what it cost. You need to determine if it is on AT&Ts old network or their new one. A trip in person to an AT&T store is recommended.
  7.    #7  
    It's on the old network.
    I was in the same boat, but my Treo came with a SIM card already in it. I ordered it from Handspring, and once it came a call to AT&T allowed me to activate the new service. I had to cancel my old service, and start a new 1 year contract with the new service. Same phone number. Took about 1/2 hour all told, and I'm off and running! Check to see if you have a SIM card in your Treo already (it's in the little door in the back) and if so you should be able to do it over the phone. Or go into a store.
    If you ordered the phone from AT&T your phone has a SIM card in it automatically. You will want to call the 800 number they specify in the manual - and activate that way. Unfortunately, you'll just have to suffer through the hold time etc. I think they are open 24/7 tho so you could call off peak