1.    #1  
    We have just launched a new area at Treo 600 Essentials for archival of phone dial pad skins. It is located in the Graphics section. Currently there are 3 variations of my Aquaskin theme available for starters.

I would be glad to make a developer file available to anyone who would like to begin developing skins themselves and submitting them to Treo 600 Essentials for publication. The dev file would include the sample graphics I used for Aquaskin, and the PRC files to work from.

Also if anyone would like to contribute a developers guide to creating skins, that would be included in the file as well. I simply do not have the time to put one together.

Please let me know if you are interested by sending a message to skindev@treo600essentials.com.

Best,
    Derek.
    THanks! They look awesome and go really well with my aqua SilverScreen Theme!

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    Derek-
    first of all, your site is terrific... thanks for developing it.

I just downloaded and installed the Auquaskin Pro 2 carrier skin. 2 Questions:

1. I would like to go back to the original Favorites look. How do I delete the new aquaskin version and go back?

2. I had previously installed the "Hal" Connecting/Disconnecting skin, and the Aquaskin install did not overwrite it, ie I still get the "Hal" logo when connecting.

Is there an easy way to delete everything and just start fresh?

Thanks for your help!
  4.    #4  
    You'll need to use a program called Filez. It's free and will allow you to delete everything you've installed. Don't worry about deleting the originals, they're burned into ROM and impossible to delete. You'll see files that are similarly named but the ones that you installed that do not have a lock icon next to them are the ones you want.

After doing that, soft reset your device and install aquaskin again. It should all work properly.
    Derek-Thanks for your speedy reply. I have FileZ and deleted the file labelled Phone from ROM. This removed the Aquaskin from Favorites. But I still have "Hal" Connecting/Disconnecting logl.

These are the Phone files in shown in FileZ ROM:
    Phone (locked)
    phone extension
    Phone_CNGW
    Phone_enUS
    Phone_HsPh_apple
    Phone_SPCS
    Phone_SPCS_enU
    Phone_Tips (locked)
    Phone_Tips_SPCS (locked)
    PhooneCallDB
    PhoneFavoritesD

Which of these is the file to delete? Thanks so much for your help.

Todd
    It's the Phone_CNGW in ROM. Deleting that with a soft reset eliminated the Hal connection logo.
    I love the dial pad skin and the connect/disconnect graphics. The Favorites in Aqua Pro does not work too well for me because the selected Favorites text is in a white font that is difficult to read.

More importantly, the connect/disconnect button (on top of the phone) stopped working when these are first installed. Take them out, do a soft reset, and holding the button down toggles the connect/disconnect sequence as it should.

When installed, I held the button down forever and nothing happened. Did a soft reset with them installed, and then I got an error message upon disconnect that said my SIM card was missing or damaged. Never get this message with these skins removed.
  8.    #8  
    Alright, I'm pulling Aquaskin 2 Pro from the site. Too many people just can't seem to deal with the fav's.

I hope all of you will have better luck with the original and basic versions, they do not include aqua-fied favorites. I use the basic version myself and it works like a charm.

Please be aware that no further development is being done on these skins. Don't like the carrier logo? Hack your own picture into the logo prc! Don't like the button colors? Hack your own into the phone prc! Don't like the text? Hack your own! Don't like the documentation? Hack your own! (see a trend emerging here?)

I will be glad to host modified/new skins but cannot provide support for them.

Best,
    Derek.
    Last edited by derek985; 12/06/2003 at 10:51 AM.