1.    #1  
    Has anyone ever heard of a cable and/or software that allows a Sprint Treo 300 user to share their unlimted-use 3G connection with a laptop computer? Via USB? Via Ethernet?

Thanks,
    Chad
    Originally posted by chadrm
    Has anyone ever heard of a cable and/or software that allows a Sprint Treo 300 user to share their unlimted-use 3G connection with a laptop computer? Via USB? Via Ethernet?

Thanks,
    Chad
    http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php
  3.    #3  
    Great info, thanks.

But...

I'm guessing this is PC-only? Any support for Mac and/or OS 10.3?

Thanks,
    Chad
    WirelessModem from Scott Gruby at:

www.notifymail.com
  5.    #5  
    Thanks again, but this doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for.

I'm looking to see if there's some solution out there to use my Sprint Treo 300 to provide an internet connection to my iBook running OS 10.3.

Thanks,
    Chad
    http://www.notifymail.com/palm/wmodem/

This is the only mac solution right now.
    It works. Just follow directions closely.
  7.    #7  
    Many thanks.

I'm trying the demo, and looks like I'm 98% "there."

I've followed the instructions closely, but the farthest I get is "dialing" then "connecting" in the modem display in the Mac.

Then the attempt fails and the Mac gives me a "...Modem Error..."

Is there something that might be wrong on the Sprint side of things? I mean, I'm a 3G (Vision) account holder so I should have that data enabled.

What about the Mac side? I followed the instructions, and the Treo 300 and the Mac (OS 10.3.1) seem to be seeing each other.

One more thing: after I click "YES" in the Treo to enable the modem, it gives me a "Setting Up" dialog until the Mac tries to make it connect.

P.S. Is this device actually dialing into a phone number via the Treo, or is it tapping into the "always on" 3G Vision connection.

Continued thanks,
    Chad
    Chad,

Be careful about using your treo/sprint service as your primary data connection. Sprint has been "cracking" down on data hogs, and they will not hesitate to turn your vision account off.

www.sprintusers.com

There are some stories on the above site that speak very very highly about Sprint cracking down on this.

Just an FYI.
  9.    #9  
    Gotcha. I understand. I'm just looking for the occasional mail download at a remote location, not extended surfing for video, etc. I don't think it would be more bandwidth than what I'd use in Blazer in the Treo.

So, the above software *does* use the 3G Vision, then? No airtime?

Plus, to anyone who has experience with this software, I'd very much appreciate any troubleshooting advice on my configuration.

Thank you all,
    Chad
  10. BCG
    Has anyone figured outif this will work with 10.3?

I have not been able to figure out how to connect my treo to my ibook via usb, and I wonder if anyone has successfully used their treo as a modem for their laptop. According to the user manual, it is possible, but.........

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

BCG
    bcg