1.    #1  
    I go to my Date & Time settings and I don't have the option for network time.

I'm using Cingular and I just popped my SIM card out of my nokia 3650 into my Treo and I should be up and running right? Do I need to change some settings to get this option?
    You've double posted--see your other post...Cingular does not have Network time for Treos (and I'm not sure if any other GSM provider does either).
    Originally posted by jposin
    You've double posted--see your other post...Cingular does not have Network time for Treos (and I'm not sure if any other GSM provider does either).
    Certainly Orange in the UK don't provide this feature.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I use a program called sntp that allows you to sync to a network server with gprs. It is located at

http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/rees/pilot/

I used the address of time.nist.gov (which is the US stand at the National Institute of Standards and Technology). It worked on my 180 and seems to function fine on the 600. It is very basic, but all you need it to do is sync up once and a while. Check it out.

greg
    My Sony Ericsson T616 on Cingular updates its clock using the network time (it actually gets annoying because it prompts the user to confirm time updates, which seems to happen a lot where I am...lousy clock in the phone, perhaps?). Honestly I don't see why the Treo would not have the same capability. It was a nice thing to have on my 300, except that it would just update the time and not the time zone when I'd be traveling, so my appointments would get all out of whack. Anyway...
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    The program I use is standalone. I used the word sync and got to thinking people might think that I menat you used it from a computer and that is not true. It is a palm app that you run on the palm wirelessly and uses an internet time server to correct the palm's clock to an atomic standard.

greg