1.    #1  
    Back when Handspring started selling the Treo 600 in October, I seem to recall there was a rebate offer for *existing* Sprint PCS customers. If I recall correctly, customers who purchased the Treo 600 from Handspring.com may transfer their existing Sprint PCS phone numbers to a new Treo 600 and receive a $150 rebate if they sign on for a two-year plan of at least "$35" per month. The offer expired some time at the end of November.

Question: Did I read it wrong? I have been contacting both Handspring and Sprint, and they both deny having any $150 rebate offer for *existing* Sprint PCS customers for their existing phone numbers. They claim that all the rebate offers have been for new Sprint PCS customers or existing Sprint PCS customers who are getting a new phone number for the Treo 600.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Yoosh
    I'm having this same problem with Sprint & Handspring. Handspring's website still says today all you need to do is sign a new 2 yr agreement and you'll get the $150 rebate.
    Originally posted by Yoosh
    Back when Handspring started selling the Treo 600 in October, I seem to recall there was a rebate offer for *existing* Sprint PCS customers. If I recall correctly, customers who purchased the Treo 600 from Handspring.com may transfer their existing Sprint PCS phone numbers to a new Treo 600 and receive a $150 rebate if they sign on for a two-year plan of at least "$35" per month. The offer expired some time at the end of November.

Question: Did I read it wrong? I have been contacting both Handspring and Sprint, and they both deny having any $150 rebate offer for *existing* Sprint PCS customers for their existing phone numbers. They claim that all the rebate offers have been for new Sprint PCS customers or existing Sprint PCS customers who are getting a new phone number for the Treo 600.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Yoosh
    I know what you're talking about. I received a large card in the mail with this offer, but I threw it away when it expired (end of Nov I think).
    Sprint's rebates are always for new customers or new lines of service. The $150 rebate was, and still is, for those activating a new line of service.

If you buy directly from Sprint, you can sometimes talk them into giving you the rebate if you extend your contract 2 years.

Larry
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    Sprint's rebates are always for new customers or new lines of service. The $150 rebate was, and still is, for those activating a new line of service.

If you buy directly from Sprint, you can sometimes talk them into giving you the rebate if you extend your contract 2 years.

Larry
    I am pretty sure the one I received was not for a new line of service. Now that I think about it (I wish I saved it to confirm) I received the offer as an existing Sprint PCS Treo 300 user. I'm reasonably sure about it. Maybe this offer wasn't well-advertised, or perhaps limited to certain regions.
    i have tried like HELL to get $150 for signing a new 2 year contract. Talked with over 10 retention reps and all said that they never did that and that i won't get it. I've given up. You have to activate a new line of service or be a customer with the same phone for 18 months.
  7. tdf
    When I bought my Treo 600 directly from Handspring in October, the web offers were $399 for upgraders and an additional $150 for a two year contract for new subscribers. I had to change my phone number to get the $150. I did not see any mail offer from Sprint.
    If you have had the same phone for over 18 months you also qualify for the $150 rebate. There is a link someonewhere on Sprint's website to an app that will tell you if you qualify after you plug your phone number into it.