1.    #1  
    Hi,

Would anyone know how to switch off the T600 (completely switch it off, for example to save the battery when you don't use the phone for a few days) ?

Thanks a lot,

Huy
    Originally posted by huy
    Hi,

Would anyone know how to switch off the T600 (completely switch it off, for example to save the battery when you don't use the phone for a few days) ?

Thanks a lot,

Huy
    There is no way to switch the PDA part off, other than letting the battery go completely flat. However, you can switch off the phone part by holding the Wireless button (the one next to the aerial) down for a few seconds. This switches off the phone, but leaves the PDA on. This should give you at least twice the battery life as the radio is a large, and constant drain on the battery.

To switch the phone back on, press and hold the button again. Also, if you run an app which needs the radio (like Blazer), or you try to make a call, you will be asked if you want to start the phone.
    I would think that with the radio off and the display off, the lifetime might approach what was seen for palms and visors before they turned into 'convergence devices'. My visors would last for weeks on a set of batterys. Of course, it all depended on how much reading and game playing I did on the device
    Originally posted by jaytee
    I would think that with the radio off and the display off, the lifetime might approach what was seen for palms and visors before they turned into 'convergence devices'. My visors would last for weeks on a set of batterys. Of course, it all depended on how much reading and game playing I did on the device
    I meant at least twice the advertised 10 days of standby. I would expect the battery to last for several weeks of normal 'PDA' type use, but considerably less if you play games.