Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Just syncronized with Outlook.....and SH_T!!!

All my contacts are duplicated .....and sometimes tripicated or quadroupled.....what gives.....???

Is there an easy way.....other than record by record....to eliminate the duplicates??

Warren C.
    Last edited by Wchapman; 12/05/2003 at 12:54 AM.
    Warren C.
    Originally posted by Wchapman
    Just syncronized with Outlook.....and SH_T!!!

All my contacts are duplicated .....and sometimes tripicated or quadroupled.....what gives.....???

Is there an easy way.....other than record by record....to eliminate the duplicates??

Warren C.
    I don't know of any way to do that on the handheld, but it should be easier on the PC (one can select multiple entries, then delete them). After doing that, HotSync again with the handheld.
    I've had this problem, too. I've discovered that if I hotsync again, it clears itself up. If it doesn't, customize your view in Outlook to show the date created. When I've sorted by the date, it has allowed me to lump all the one's created at the same time, e.g. the duplicates and more easily delete them. Then just overwrite the handheld with the outlook folder with the dups on the next sync.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I'd do a search of the forums and maybe at Palmgear. I remember that there is a freeware application that scrubs outlook and eliminates duplicates...

Updated

Aha! here it is!

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...069&prodID=756