1.    #1  
    I love this program, but I can't get it to work with my Treo 600. It causes a soft reset every time. I am using the latest version of Wordsmith with my Treo. Is anyone running into this problem, and does anyone know of a way around it? Thanks.
    Past PDAs:Visor Deluxe, m130, Treo 90, Zire 71, Tungsten|E
    Current PDAs: iPAQ 1910, Tungsten|T 2, Treo 600
    Originally posted by hman611
    I love this program, but I can't get it to work with my Treo 600. It causes a soft reset every time. I am using the latest version of Wordsmith with my Treo. Is anyone running into this problem, and does anyone know of a way around it? Thanks.
    I've had this, too, but somehow it stopped. Are you able to 5-Way through text? I cannot do this. Cursor jumps to the beginning of the line or end of the line. I can't nav by individual characters. BlueNomad support is working on this. I've been in contact with them. They say there is a bug in the FineTypeFont display. I don't believe it. Workaround (accroding to BN support). Disable FTF in Men<Options<Display Options. Maybe this will help your reset issue?

Curious to know about your ability to nav by character...
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I was having that problem, too. Blue Nomad suggested that I revert my Treo 600 to the previous version of Wordsmith, ver 2.2.16. (They emailed me that version.) I did and that fixed things.

--Bill
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by elysian9

Disable FTF in Men<Options<Display Options. Maybe this will help your reset issue?

Yes...thank you. That solved my soft reset problems. Navigation with the 5-way is still problematic though, but that realy isn't a big issue to me.

Upgrading to 2.2.17 is causing my Tungsten|T 2 to give me a fatal error every time now though. Gotta troubleshoot that now. Wordsmith is probably the program I use the most of my Palm device.
    Past PDAs:Visor Deluxe, m130, Treo 90, Zire 71, Tungsten|E
    Current PDAs: iPAQ 1910, Tungsten|T 2, Treo 600