1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 600 and love it but I am curious about a couple things that maybe some of you can clarify for me.
    I am surprised that the backlight stays on during the entire duration of a phone call and doesnt shut off like the pda does after the time set in preferences. I assume this is just the way it is or (1) does my unit have a problem? or (2) did I miss a setting somewhere?

Another question: I had gotten pretty used to using shortcuts on my previous palm (that upsidedown alpha thing).. is there a way to do this using the keyboard??

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by bossfan
    I just got my Treo 600 and love it but I am curious about a couple things that maybe some of you can clarify for me.
    I am surprised that the backlight stays on during the entire duration of a phone call and doesnt shut off like the pda does after the time set in preferences. I assume this is just the way it is or (1) does my unit have a problem? or (2) did I miss a setting somewhere?

Another question: I had gotten pretty used to using shortcuts on my previous palm (that upsidedown alpha thing).. is there a way to do this using the keyboard??

Thanks in advance.
    check out colauncher for question two

question 1@ not that i'm aware of. however, mlight or glowhack may be of interest.

www.palmgear.com
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the colauncher rec... nifty program. It also helped me figure out that you can get the 'shortcut symbol' by alt-s.

Still curious if other treo backlights stay on during calls... seems like this would shorten battery life.
    Originally posted by bossfan
    Still curious if other treo backlights stay on during calls... seems like this would shorten battery life.
    There's been like a gazillion threads already on this topic with lengthy explanations full of solutions. Do a search for "Sandman" and/or "offit" and you'll find the answers...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I assume you are refering to the screen light and not the keyboard.
    Yes the screen backlight stays on while on a call however you can check out Sandman

http://www.imchatter.com/products.shtml

this will turn your screen off during calls.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...t=sandman.html
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  6.    #6  
    Thanks alot for the help.