Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I guess all I had to do was whine on this forum. Mine shipped today too - though it says it shipped at 5:18 PM (and it's only 11:49 am right now). Woo Hoo!
    Mine has shipped as well. Arrives on Tuesday. Now...I have to brave the LNP nightmare from Cingular to Sprint...ACK!
    Ordered mine at 5pm on Thur, Dec 4. when Amazon showed "Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours"

Shows shipped by FedEx on Fri, Dec 5.

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 05, 2003 04:58:23 PM Carrollton TX USA SHIPPED

delivery estimate: Dec 8, 2003 - Dec 9, 2003

(now it's time to write up eBay listings to dump my T-mobile SideKick, Palm Vx and 2 megapixel Fuji digital camera)
    Well, I had just ordered one thinking it would take til January - that I had plenty of time to change my mind.

Oops! Mine shipped today too!

Heck, I guess I know what my Christmas present is now.

This will at least give me that chance to try the thing and see if it meets my needs.

Does Sprint have a service guarantee- in other words can you cancel in the first week or so if service doesn't work well in your area? How about Amazon as far as refunds?
    Dec 05, 2003 06:42:40 PM Carrollton TX USA SHIPPED
    Ship Method: Fedex Overnight AM Delivery

YAYYYY! Thanks again to everyone in this great fourm. Now we battle with getting rebates in ontime.
    I believe Sprint has a 14 day guarantee and Amazon has 30 days.
    My Amazon order showed that it's been shipped December 5 with a Fedex Tracking No. However, the Fedex tracking site does not recognize this number. It's been 4 hours since I tried it the first time and a few more times after that. Pretty unusual. Any similar experiences?
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Originally posted by Treo Rat
    My Amazon order showed that it's been shipped December 5 with a Fedex Tracking No. However, the Fedex tracking site does not recognize this number. It's been 4 hours since I tried it the first time and a few more times after that. Pretty unusual. Any similar experiences?
    Same for me. Fedex shows Not found. Also I noticed on amazon.com my receive date still says dec. 26-jan 10th.

Maybe we are being too critical and it just takes a bit to get into the system =P

ps. GIMMIE!
    Just received the email from Amazon that it's been shipped and my credit card showed a charge already, so it looks like it's legit. Too hyper I guess. Should wait till Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for any replies.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Pardon the naivete of this question, but this forum is chock-full of expertise on cellular service, I figure it's wise to ask.

I just got word from Amazon that my T600 is shipping as well. My question is, do I need to do anything vis-a-vis getting in touch with Sprint?

I will be a new Sprint customer -- leaving AT&T because I like the data options with Sprint better. I am guessing that I will get documentation telling me where to call for getting the account set up.

Is it the consensus that this is a correct assumption? Anything I can do ahead of time to grease the skids with Sprint? Or will phoning ahead just muddy the waters?

(Crossing my fingers that I don't get hit with this 300 error that's making the rounds.)

TIA
  11. sd8
    i just got my treo600 from amazon today.

had ordered it with 'next day' shipping option.
    surprised it got here today (12/5) as it was shipped at 6am or so in the morning from texas.

spent over 30mins with the rep from sprintpcs to get it activated -- they must have outsourced it to india or the lady had a really bad cold!

didn't imagine the keyboard on it was so small. >_<
    Originally posted by Treo Rat
    Don't sweat it, my friend. The FedEx shipping info on site (like UPS) = luck of the draw as regards accuracy. On more than one occason, I found zippo info there, yet the FedEx guy was, literally, pulling up in my driveway as I sat hunched at the PC screen looking for ANY delivery hints on my latest e-child. (she said with a sniff as she continues to wait for the Tmo T600/upgrade--- sniff, snort)
    Originally posted by kziegler
    I ordered my treo600 from amazon.com last week (11/25). My current delivery estimate (according to their site) is from Dec-31 - Jan 21. I can't wait that long. Anyone else experiencing/experienced that too?

Ordered: November 25

Shipped: December 5

This phone better be practically perfect or it's going right back. I've waited so long now that I could easily get by with a regular phone for a few more months until the next generation of PalmOS PDA-phones (can you say Sony Ericsson, boys and girls?) comes out.

Handspring: this is your one and only chance to keep this particular Palm veteran. I could easily "sell" a few dozen of these phones within my company on my recommendation alone. But if my phone has "issues", it will cost Handspring thousands in lost sales. I wonder if they realize how crucial it is to get quality right if they hope to see significant word-of-mouth sales from early adopters? Don't blow it, Handspring.
  14. sd8
    chupa,

i'm using it right now ... have only had it for a few hours since it arrived today.

i used to have the tmobile sidekick and got very used to the phone's IM and Email capabilities right off the bat.

As of this writing, I've used the IM through vision and it's at the bottom of the barrel. Imagine interfacing everything through their browser for IM.

I still haven't gotten to e-mail yet ...

The keyboard on this is WAY TOO small.

I also wish the case it came with would've had a CLIP on it for the belt. But, it didn't.

The browser isn't made for the phone. I'm viewing a page with frames. The bottom frame which normally is 1/10th of the page is 50% of the browser window right now. So, it's definitely not the best for viewing webpages either. Though, it did take the website with a invalid SSL cert which my sidekick never did. That erases one of its badpoints.

I'm sure I'll love it when I get a 512mb SD card for it ...

If all the software for PALM means paying for everything to make it easier to use ... then it's a bad bet!

But, with SPRINT, at least I'm getting service in my basement.
    Originally posted by sd8
    chupa,

i'm using it right now ... have only had it for a few hours since it arrived today.

i used to have the tmobile sidekick and got very used to the phone's IM and Email capabilities right off the bat.

As of this writing, I've used the IM through vision and it's at the bottom of the barrel. Imagine interfacing everything through their browser for IM.

I still haven't gotten to e-mail yet ...

The keyboard on this is WAY TOO small.

I also wish the case it came with would've had a CLIP on it for the belt. But, it didn't.

The browser isn't made for the phone. I'm viewing a page with frames. The bottom frame which normally is 1/10th of the page is 50% of the browser window right now. So, it's definitely not the best for viewing webpages either. Though, it did take the website with a invalid SSL cert which my sidekick never did. That erases one of its badpoints.

I'm sure I'll love it when I get a 512mb SD card for it ...

If all the software for PALM means paying for everything to make it easier to use ... then it's a bad bet!

But, with SPRINT, at least I'm getting service in my basement.

Congrats on getting the phone. I chose free shipping, so I don't expect to see anything until sometime next week.

- Check out Chatter (search this forum) for IM.
    - Email with SnapperMail and even Handspring's own email app is one of the phone's "killer" features. This (and web access) is what smartphones are all about.
    - Give the keyboard time. I'll bet by Monday you'll be liking it a lot more.
    - I didn't use the browser much when I borrowed a Treo 600 last month, but can't you modify the settings to make more info show? Maybe that was with a different browser...
    - I agree the phone should ship with proper software including a full-featured email client, IM client, etc., but these are/will be available free if you spend a few minutes looking around. Some of the shareware apps are worth the extra price, though.

Still, having access to personal + company email, web, telephone, IM, financial software, calculator, camera, desktop control, MP3s, alarm clock, contacts, datebook, to do list, HandyShopper (best Palm app ever?), movie listings, resturant reviews, ebooks, etc. all in a device not much bigger than a regular phone is pretty damn amazing. My only worry is Handspring's history of (lack of) quality control.
    Originally posted by sd8
    chupa,

By the way, what revision are the latest Amazon Treo 600s? Please say "D"!

Last edited by The Chupacabra; 12/06/2003 at 01:27 AM.
    sd8,

I'm a Sidekick user myself, and I have to say I'm still mighty skeptical about that keyboard, too.

I'm going to give myself three or four days to really use it, and then decide if it meets my needs.

If Javascript on the web accomplishes everything I want it to, then it will be worth the switch.
    Last edited by The Chupacabra; 12/06/2003 at 01:28 AM.
    My experiences with Amazon shipping has been very good or better than expected.

Sometimes I've received SuperSaver Shipping on the next day. I've also had it come the 2nd or 3rd day. Only once did it come in 7 days. It's the luck of the draw. I guess I've been pretty lucky.

I've lost count how many times I received a shipping notice from Amazon (for priority shipping) after I had taken delivery.
    Mine also shipped yesterday, ordered late Novermber.

Dave
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast