Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Guys, help me out a little with this.

From what I understand, varichat uses sms, whereas chatter works in the background, and does not uses sms. right? if you have wap enabled, is it going to work for the chatter? I am reffering especially to teh free wap access offered by Tmo to its customers. I am able to browse html and wap sites, also check my pop/smtp mail, and the only shortcoming is that it does not allow me to access secure sites.

Do you guys have any ideas or have you tried it out?

Thanks
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by mblank
    newtreouser - Have I not suggested that you make a communications log? If not, please contact me and I'll describe how to do it.

Marc
    With the log, Marc was able to tell me I had a space at the end of my password. That was my problem all along! Duh!

My chatter password has an "_" underscore in it and I didn't know how to type an "_" on the 600 until yesterday. So I had to resort to copy and pasting it and in the process unknowingly introduced a space at the end of the password in splash id, where it is stored. When Marc first sent me the password I asked if he can revise it to one without an "_" but we decided at the time I had to enter it only once and not worth revising. But that turned out not to be the case. With each hard reset and each new version of chatter, I had to enter the password again.

Thank you Marc for the help and for the hard work you are putting into a great product.
    I tried chatter :

I did connect msn well but then I tried to connect to msn with my computer : guess what : a big part of my contact list disapeared (( ..

Im gonna try verichat
    nice suggestion about the updating all contacts to get the status!!! Verichat blows, Chatter rules
    scorpiusss - The IM server can't be reached without TMO Internet, due to port restrictions. SMTP can be reached, and I'm not sure about IMAP...

Marc
    Scorpiuss,

IMAP does work with the free Tmo WAP.
    Originally posted by treopazzo
    Scorpiuss,

IMAP does work with the free Tmo WAP.
    thank you all for your posts!
    May the G4ce be with you
    As I finally got my Vision working today on my Treo, I've been playing and I got Chatter up and running. Actually, went fairly smoothly - I'm connected to all four IM services, my IMAP server AND the Sprint SMTP server. Wowee.

Now, if only chatter could send attachments! (Especially from the card slot)
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by jaytee

The hacked version of the older Chatter still works on the 300. It won't have all the new bells and whistles... just all the old ones.

http://www.imchatter.com/previousversions/

look for Chatter-T270T300.zip
    I'm at chatter ver 1.0.4..4. Is it possible to send to more than one recipient in IMAP? I tried and was not able to.
    No you can't at present, but it's coming soon... If you sign up for the IMAP mailing list (at lists.imchatter.com), you'll be the first to know when it's implemented.

Marc
    Originally posted by lamp600
    I tried chatter :

I did connect msn well but then I tried to connect to msn with my computer : guess what : a big part of my contact list disapeared (( ..

Im gonna try verichat
    I had the same problem with disappearing MSN contacts. Marc nailed it down to a bug that apparently only exists in version 1.0.4.5 and it's fixed in newer versions.
    Originally posted by damado26
    Verichat is pretty cool too.
    Is it free?
    Originally posted by Kooldino

Is it free?
    Nope. Then again neither is Chatter.

www.pdaapps.com for Verichat
    www.imchatter.com for Chatter

I've finished my trial with Verichat and am in the process of testing Chatter right now. They both have their annoyances but so far Chatter's seem worse. I'll give a final report later.
    Well, you should (at least) let me know what your concerns are so that I might have a chance to address them...

Marc
    Originally posted by mblank
    Well, you should (at least) let me know what your concerns are so that I might have a chance to address them...

Marc
    So far, my biggest complaints are:

1) I have to use a drop down list to see my contacts, otherwise stare at a blank "Inbox" screen with nothing but a few lines on it. I think it would be a better use of screen real estate to populate that blank space with a list of my contacts by default, instead of having to bring down a drop down list to see them.

2) Chatter can't import my AIM or ICQ contacts.

3) The interface is rather unintuitive and requires the use of the instruction manual, which IMO shouldn't be neccesary for an IM program. (I hate to keep saying this, but with Verichat that isn't necessary).

4) In Chatter I have to periodically "Re-register All Services" in order to have all of my services consistently show up.

5) When I import my Yahoo contacts, it caused a new category to be created in my desktop Y! Messenger client, meaning that Chatter created a new category on the Yahoo server. You-know-what didn't do this.

The things I DO like about Chatter over Verichat, are:

1) It allows for the renaming of contacts. Having to view ICQ contacts as numbers or AIM contacts as their screen names instead of their real names in Verichat is just horrible.

2) Chatter's method for disconnecting is cleaner. With Verichat you're never really sure when you've disconnected and it takes more effort to make sure you'll stop receiving messages.

3) With Verichat it has to reconnect to the server every time you go back into the program, where as with Chatter I'm still connected even if I leave and re-enter the program.

Ideally I'd like a program with Verichat's interface and contact-importing, and Chatter's leave-and-re-enter connection functionality and contact renaming.
    The dropdown list for selecting a Contact doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that I can't access it using the 5-way. Actually, whenever I see the blinking prompt at the message line, I can't use the 5-way to navigate to any of the options. Another example: I can't navigate to the drop down list where I can choose to IM or email to the contact.

Second remark: I'd prefer to use the default address book of the Treo for my contacts and store the IM information in one of the extra fields.
    Originally posted by Mol
    The dropdown list for selecting a Contact doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that I can't access it using the 5-way. Actually, whenever I see the blinking prompt at the message line, I can't use the 5-way to navigate to any of the options. Another example: I can't navigate to the drop down list where I can choose to IM or email to the contact.

Second remark: I'd prefer to use the default address book of the Treo for my contacts and store the IM information in one of the extra fields.
    Actually you can access it using the 5-way. Just press the center button.
    Originally posted by Im So Unpopular

Actually you can access it using the 5-way. Just press the center button.
    You're right. What was that thing you wrote about the UI not being 100% intuitive?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123