Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    okay, my bad. I just read the pdf on chatter site and it makes more sense now.
    I have Yahoo messenger and was using the very first version of chatter for the 600 and was able to login with the assigned username and passowrd. However, somwhere along the way upgrading to the newer versions overs the last several weeks I have been unable to login to the IM server anymore. When chatter tries to connect, I get the error:

"An account with the name ''xxxxxx" and password 'xxxxxx' does not seem to exist"

Marc, the author, is at a loss why I cannot connect and says he can connect using my username and passowrd.

Anyone else have this problem using chatter with yahoo messenger?
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    I have Yahoo messenger and was using the very first version of chatter for the 600 and was able to login with the assigned username and passowrd. However, somwhere along the way upgrading to the newer versions overs the last several weeks I have been unable to login to the IM server anymore. When chatter tries to connect, I get the error:

"An account with the name ''xxxxxx" and password 'xxxxxx' does not seem to exist"

Marc, the author, is at a loss why I cannot connect and says he can connect using my username and passowrd.

Anyone else have this problem using chatter with yahoo messenger?
    I've been having the same problem recently with my MSN messenger account. My Treo did a hard reset (unrelated) and after reinstalling Chatter I couldn't connect anymore. I even emailed Marc because I thought I didn't remember my chatter account correctly. Then I installed a more recent version of Chatter and the problem disappeared.
    it looks like I can connect to both MSN and Yahoo, but I can't see the status of my contacts...everybody looks offline
    Did you see this (Marc sent it to his announcement list on 12/11):

For those of you who use Yahoo IM, I wanted to take a moment to talk about a problem which results in the Yahoo connection appearing to fail (no Y icon in the upper-right).

This is a problem in the server-side Yahoo "transport" component, and is well understood by its author (it turns out that you really ARE logged in to Yahoo, but the server doesn't recognize the fact). In a communication this morning, the author says that he knows the problem and expects to have a solution within one to two weeks. In the meantime, I have found that re-registering Yahoo often seems to "fix" the problem (at least until your Treo next reconnects to the IM server).

I apologize for the problem, but assure you that I am making it a very high priority.
    I did see Marc's announcement. I don't think my problem is on Yahoo's end but on the IM server end. I cannot connect to it. I installed the latest 1.0.4.4 and I still cannot connect. anyone else have this problem?
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    I did see Marc's announcement. I don't think my problem is on Yahoo's end but on the IM server end. I cannot connect to it. I installed the latest 1.0.4.4 and I still cannot connect. anyone else have this problem?
    Yep, the problem returned on my Treo as well. Don't see any status for contacts, and none of my contacts are seeing me online.

Actually, things got really bad this time. Somehow along reconfiguring my MSN settings and importing the MSN contact list, half my MSN contacts disappeared. Not very happy with that, obviously. Not happy at all.
    Mol, do you have the MSN logo on the upper right hand corner? I do not have the Yahoo messenger logo on mine. It says "Not connected"
    I did until about 15 minutes ago. I was doing yet another try to recover my MSN contacts using the Import and in the middle of the process it disconnected. Couldn't reconnected any longer.

I guess the IM server is down? Still saying "Going strong" on the site though...
    Don't know if this was coincidence, but I reset my phone and now I see MSN plus the online status of my contacts.
    newtreouser -

If you're a TMO customer, it's possible that you have T-Zones service, which wouldn't allow connection to the IM server.

Marc
    yup, I can log into all the transports and I go see MSN, ICQ, and Yahoo in the top left corner

-It appears as though my status can be seen by others

-but I cannot see the status of others
    MBlank, I have Sprint.. Have not been able to connect to the IM server for 2 weeks now. Help!
    For those of us who use AOL IM primarily and are on AT&T Wireless' terrible data plans, does it make more sense to use AIM via SMS until AT&T comes up with a reasonable unlimited data plan?

Thanks from a new and happy T600 user.
    If you're not seeing users, I'd suggest "Update All Contacts" on the Contact menu. Or shoot me an email, because this isn't at all typical.

Marc
    newtreouser - Have you been sending me emails? I typically respond to problem email in "reall time". There's no reason for you to be unable to connect to the server.

Marc
    Marc, I have been sending you emails but you have not suggested anything for me to try other than there's no reason why I should not be able to log in.
    The real problem with Chatter for me is that Marc no longer supports the Treo 300, which means Verichat is my only option now. I really wish I could enjoy the latest features in Chatter.

Geoffrey
    newtreouser - Have I not suggested that you make a communications log? If not, please contact me and I'll describe how to do it.

Marc
    Originally posted by gmaugham
    The real problem with Chatter for me is that Marc no longer supports the Treo 300, which means Verichat is my only option now. I really wish I could enjoy the latest features in Chatter.

Geoffrey
    The hacked version of the older Chatter still works on the 300. It won't have all the new bells and whistles... just all the old ones.

http://www.imchatter.com/previousversions/

look for Chatter-T270T300.zip
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast