1.    #1  
    How do u access your optimum online email account through handsprings email app or snappermail please someone help me
    how do you get your email currently?

have you tried just puting in the settings from your current email client into either of the two palm devices you mentioned?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I use Snappermail..

You set up a new account...

In the server tab put the following:

Incoming Mail:
    POP3 Server: mail.optonline.net
    USERNAME: your optonline ID
    Password: optonline pw

Outgoing mail:
    SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: Your sprint email ID
    Password: sprint email password

The reason the outgoing goes through Sprint is because Optimum Online wouldn't let me send outgoing mail from outside their network. Just go to the SEND tab and put your OOL email address in the replyto field.

Also if using snappermail, don't forget to set the delete options in the fetch tab.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    atually i have optonline. and I have used snappermail to send outgoing mail. Only had problems sending to hotmail accounts.
  5.    #5  
    So you can send mail on your optonline account with snappermail how do u sent it up because i can only recieve incoming mail
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    yeah just use mail.optonline.net as your incomming and outgoing mail server with your username and password and everthing should be fine. It worked for me unless they just changed something within the last 2 weeks.
    Originally posted by jaydon34
    yeah just use mail.optonline.net as your incomming and outgoing mail server with your username and password and everthing should be fine.

To get the HS Mail app to send mail you also have to set the following: on the 'Advanced' tab of the Edit Account Screen make sure the User Name is [username]@optonline.net, not just [username]

Michael
    Originally posted by mfacelle

To get the HS Mail app to send mail you also have to set the following: on the 'Advanced' tab of the Edit Account Screen make sure the User Name is [username]@optonline.net, not just [username]
    My bad... This only works to send mail to another optonline.net account. To send to any e-mail you have to use your phone provider's SMTP settings (Don't change the POP3). For T-Mobile, use the Outgoing (SMTP) Server: myemail.t-mobile.com On the Advanced tab, make sure the User Name and Password are blank and the 'SSL required...' options are unchecked.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    My reply on 12/5 pretty much indicated what to do for outgoing if you were using sprint (just replace with your phone providers SMTP if it's not sprint)