1.    #1  
    anyone getting their Juno mail on their 600 using Snappermail or HS mail? If so, what are your settings? TIA
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    Anybody? Success or failure getting Juno mail on your 600?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I use it all the time with Snappermail. Juno has a POP3 you can use to retrieve mail. I use Sprintpcs.com as my outgoing SMTP and stamp it with my @juno.com as reply to.

Works great!!
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by damigs
    I use it all the time with Snappermail. Juno has a POP3 you can use to retrieve mail. I use Sprintpcs.com as my outgoing SMTP and stamp it with my @juno.com as reply to.

Works great!!
    Before my Snappermail trial expired, I tried everything for incoming mail including pop.juno.com , pop.mail.juno.com and an IP address (which I do not have handy at the moment) and could not get it to work. Can you tell me what you used for your incoming settings? I now will stick with the HS mail client and want to set it up to get my Juno mail but having the same problem.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Okay for Server I have the following

INCOMING MAIL
    POP3 Server: 64.136.28.167
    Username: xxxx@juno.com
    Password: yyyyy

OUTGOING MAIL
    SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: (same as provisioning ID)
    Password: Provisioning password

Not under Identity im using the "Reply To Address (optional)" field with me xxxx@juno.com address.

That way when I send out mail thru Sprintpcs.com account its stamped with a reply address of Juno.com.

Since day one this has worked fine for me. Hope it does the same for you.

Miguel
    Damigs@juno.com
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the tips. I just configured the Handspring mail client using your settings but it did not work. I think it was you who helped me to get Juno mail on the 300. The settings worked for a long time and then one day it stopped working and I didn't change anything. I think I was using Eudora on thé 300. Maybe I'' try Eudora on the 600.

Are you certain the IP addr 64.136.28.167 is correct?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yes those setting are correct. If you wanna check for yourself. Open up a dos windows (start - run - type "cmd" - hit ok). At the C:\ prompt type "ping pop.juno.com"

It should reply with something like this.....

Reply from 64.136.28.167: bytes=32 time=131ms TTL=244
    Reply from 64.136.28.167: bytes=32 time=124ms TTL=244
    Reply from 64.136.28.167: bytes=32 time=468ms TTL=244
    Reply from 64.136.28.167: bytes=32 time=609ms TTL=244

Thats the address for the POP3 server for Juno.

Other than that not sure what to say. Everything works fine on my end. Make sure your ID and PW are correct and typed in correctly.
    Any way for non-sprint users to get a smtp server?? Free or a one-time fee? I use TMobile and was very dissapointed when I found out that they charge me 25cents per MMS message.

It's also really crappy for juno not to give us access to to a smtp. I suppose thay WANT me to switch to Earthlink.

All that aside, snapper is a great program and I will definitly register it if I can get a way to send mail from it.
    ......... )oe ............
    Black&White Sidekick,
    Color Sidekick,
    Sidekick 2,
    *Treo 600* AND NEVER LOOKED BACK!!
    Ok, I may have answered my own question. I can sign up for yahoo email plus and use smtp.mail.yahoo.com to send emails with a juno reply addy. The cost: $20/year. Not bad. Considering.
    ......... )oe ............
    Black&White Sidekick,
    Color Sidekick,
    Sidekick 2,
    *Treo 600* AND NEVER LOOKED BACK!!
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post
    Okay for Server I have the following

INCOMING MAIL
    POP3 Server: 64.136.28.167
    Username: xxxx@juno.com
    Password: yyyyy

OUTGOING MAIL
    SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: (same as provisioning ID)
    Password: Provisioning password

Not under Identity im using the "Reply To Address (optional)" field with me xxxx@juno.com address.

That way when I send out mail thru Sprintpcs.com account its stamped with a reply address of Juno.com.

Since day one this has worked fine for me. Hope it does the same for you.

Miguel
    Damigs@juno.com
    Thanks

And to think I found this Thread using TC Search.
    Just call me Berd.