1.    #1  
    anyone experiencing problems connecting to GPRS after you connected once and then was dropped?

let me explain in more detail: i connected in the morning and everything was fine. i then got disconnected from GRPS for some reason or another (not that important). i am now trying to reconnect to GPRS and getting the following error:

"Error: GPRS connection not available..... (0x7143)"

the only way i can get back connected is to do a reset of the device.

thoughts?
    What wireless service are you using?
  3.    #3  
    t-mobile... with cingular T6 release
    TMO seems to be pretty flaky re: the T600. I know that some folks haven't had problems, but there are quite a few who have. I am pretty certain this is related to the delay in releasing the phone for TMO. I suspect you'll have to live with it until there's a firmware release.

Marc
  5.    #5  
    i figured as much... thanks for the help
    I can connect (T6 Cingular) to T-Zones Pro and I see the green arrows, however, I do not see wirhout connecting the GPRS triangle above my signal strength?
    I haven't had many problems with my Cingular Treo 600 on T-Mobile, but I can only get the GPRS connection to work using the VPN Internet setting. I have no idea why. It does seem to connect pretty reliably, but it doesn't seem very fast.
    The treo 600 displays green arrows for a GPRS connection (despite what the manual might say).

I have minimal difficulty with my GPRS connection aith T-Mobile. It may be a location related issue too. I also have treohelper running which will retry my main phone connection when it drops out... which subsequently restarts my GPRS.

I wonder if Tmobile is playing with either throttling GPRS usage or dropping idled users after a certain length of time.

If you have trouble connecting, the first thing I would suggest is to:

1. reset the radio
    2. go to prefs.
    3. if network says connected, disconnect
    4. tap connect in network again

Try that before soft resetting (although.. with the 600, a soft reset might be faster)

Originally posted by tchaga
    I can connect (T6 Cingular) to T-Zones Pro and I see the green arrows, however, I do not see wirhout connecting the GPRS triangle above my signal strength?
    I'm using a Cingular T600 on T-Mobile.
    I have full GSM bars at home but can NOT connect to GPRS at home.
    But when at work, with full GSM bars, I CAN connect to GPRS at work
    CSR told me that my house is in a marginal signal strength area, which is keeping me from connecting to GPRS at home...who knows.