1.    #1  
    is there an HP48 emulator that will work for the t-600?

thanks

-drunk
    Hmmm... good question. There's an incredible HP48 emulator for PalmOS called Power48 and it's freeware to boot!

However, I doubt it is compatible with the low rez screen of the Treo600. *Sigh* However, I haven't tried this myself so perhaps you should give it a shot, perhaps use the Os 4.1 version? Anyway, I think I'll email the developer to see if they're any plans for future Treo600 support...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Try www.creativecreek.com for nice hp emulators (although i'm not sure if they are hp48's). the 5-way doesn't work with the emulator though
    Well, I know you were asking specifically about the HP48 line, but the HP41 emulator works well enough on the Treo 600. You can find it at http://www.freewarepalm.com/calculat...eedition.shtml

It's called Coconut for some reason.
    Originally posted by stillaresident
    Well, I know you were asking specifically about the HP48 line, but the HP41 emulator works well enough on the Treo 600. You can find it at http://www.freewarepalm.com/calculat...eedition.shtml

It's called Coconut for some reason.
    Nice find! Thanks!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    No dice on the Power48 being ported to our low rez devices according to the developer. Definitely a bummer.

Of the the two files posted above, mathupro is clearly superior when set to "boots" skin. I liked the ability to see more than one stack line. Very nice but probably not worth the $35 for the full version.

Coconut was pretty poor in my estimation.
    Originally posted by mbonus
    No dice on the Power48 being ported to our low rez devices according to the developer. Definitely a bummer.

Of the the two files posted above, mathupro is clearly superior when set to "boots" skin. I liked the ability to see more than one stack line. Very nice but probably not worth the $35 for the full version.

Coconut was pretty poor in my estimation.

I'm not sure why you feel Coconut was "poor" as it seems to perfectly emulate the HP-41CX. I've been using HP calculators since I was a child and had been using my "real" HP-41CX until I found the emulators for the 41CX (and previously 48SX emulator on my other 320x320 Palm device).

My guess is you're stating a preference against the HP-41CX rather than its emulation on a Palm...?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Maybe poor was too strong of a word.

You are right, I have been using some of the later designs of the HP RPN calcs and don't have a lot of experience with the 41. However, my criticism of coconut in particular is more directed at how the graphics are rendered on the treo 600 rather than the actual use of the calculator.

I am sure that either will work for RPN Calc emulation, I preferred the mathupro variety better for user interface. I guess I should have been more clear in my statement.

Regards,