1.    #1  
    I am running Red Hat Linux 9, have a Treo600, and want to use evolution. I have patched visor.[ch] to support the Treo but when I try to sync I get a hotplug error. I'm not sure if I have to add the treo to usb.distmap or not. I was going to try the latest evolution dist but it wants to install a bunch of other things as well (cups, ...). I do not want to mess up my already working system. All I want to do is sync my treo with evolution. If I build gnome-pilot from source and do an install will it affect the already installed evolution or anything related? Since my laptop is working just fine now I also do not want to migrate to Fedora. The only thing I want is to sync my current system. I'd appreciate any advice on how to do this correctly.

tks
    agg
    I'm running RH9 here with a custom kernel too... I am sure I have compiled pilot-link from source. I'm not sure if I did the same for gnome-pilot. I do see

Dec 3 12:27:43 jtrostel kernel: hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 3
    Dec 3 12:27:43 jtrostel kernel: usbserial.c: Handspring Visor / Treo / Palm 4.0 / Clié 4.x converter detected
    Dec 3 12:27:43 jtrostel kernel: usbserial.c: Handspring Visor / Treo / Palm 4.0 / Clié 4.x converter now attached to ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs)
    Dec 3 12:27:43 jtrostel kernel: usbserial.c: Handspring Visor / Treo / Palm 4.0 / Clié 4.x converter now attached to ttyUSB1 (or usb/tts/1 for devfs)
    Dec 3 12:27:46 jtrostel /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup visor for USB product 82d/300/100
    Dec 3 12:28:31 jtrostel kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

in /var/log/messages
  3.    #3  
    Tks, I updated usb.distmap to include an
    entry for the Treo600, rebooted, and it sync'd with no problem. I very much appreciate being able to use it with my RH9 laptop.
    tks
    agg