1.    #1  
    Spoke with my "contact" this morning. Asked if he had heard the rumor that they were not going to stock the T600 and only sell through Handspring.

He said that this is not accurate that they were going to sell the T600 directly, and that the only hold up currently was the engineering team approving the latest software revision. He said the thought.......keyword is thought that the engineering team approved the software as of tuesday this week, but he wasnt 100%. He also said that once the engineering team approves the the phone, the wireless data group guys usually get them in hand. He stated that he had seen several of them in his office with different indivduals. He said basically within the next couple weeks, (weve heard that before hehe)

Take it for what its worth. Just thought id pass it along.
    We'll see. Let's hope they get it right the FIRST time.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    That would be great! Let's keep our fingers crossed!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    So what you're saying is that the verbatim quote from a letter from T-Mobile to its sales staff was a COMPLETE fabrication:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=42862

and that WirelessJ made the whole thing up for some nefarious reason.

Okie dokie.

When did "your source" say T-Mobile TREOs would be shipping again?

Oh, yeah, that's right - moving target.
    f.y.i.

Here's a responce that I received from TMobile today. Still not clear WHEN we will see a T600 for TMobile.

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
    center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it
    within the next 7 days.
    Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

You may also update this question by replying to this message. Because
    your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply
    in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message
    will be discarded.
    [===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question at
    http://voicestream.custhelp.com/cgi-...ted=1070488716

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    I've been using my Treo 180 with a broken flip cover patiently waiting for th...

Discussion Thread
    Response (Michael) - 12/04/2003 12:04 PM
    Dear xxxxxx,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We are currently experiencing some problems regarding synching the Treo 600 with our network which has delayed the release of this device. We hope to have these issues resolved in a timely matter and should be releasing this device sometime in December. If you have any other comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.

Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    Mike C.
    Web Services

Customer - 12/03/2003 02:58 PM
    I've been using my Treo 180 with a broken flip cover patiently waiting for the Treo 600 to be available for T-Mobile. The availibility date has gonefrom early October till ???. I do not want to sign up for a new contract with another carrier and want to take advantage of the upgrade offer from Handspring. While waiting, I missed the Sprint and Cingular offer
    Should I give up on T-Mobile and Treo and get another phone from another manufacturer?

Thanks,

xxxxxxx

Question Reference #031203-001676
    Topic: Phones & Accessories
    Sub-topic: Replacement Phones & Upgrades
    Contact Information: xxxxxxx@mindspring.com
    Date Created: 12/03/2003 02:58 PM
    Last Updated: 12/04/2003 12:04 PM
    I too am using a broken 180 and after numerous calls/emails that is the same response I keep getting from them....
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    So what you're saying is that the verbatim quote from a letter from T-Mobile to its sales staff was a COMPLETE fabrication:

Okie dokie.

why do you say that? nothing there contradicts what was said here. the memo says the phone will be offered through HS at launch, it does not state that it won't be available through T-Mobile at a later date. and if you call TMO and ask about the 600 they all seem to spit out the same info as that memo almost word for word (at least the 4 reps I spoke to have. and 2 of them didn't realize that it wasn't available on HS's site yet... they just kept telling me to go there and I could buy it). Also, HumP claimed "his source" said it would be available in the next couple weeks, but he added that "we've heard that one before" stating his skepticism.
    My wife mangled her 180 and we got a replacement from Ebay for about $80. I am just *THIS* close to switching to sprint and getting the Amazon deal. The way I see it, I'll be on the phone w/ T-Mo the day they start selling (if they ever start selling!) and will be demanding a T600 for whatever the best going rate is at that time. If they say no, My wife and I will take our phone numbers and go somewhere where we are appreciated.

I figure they owe me a better deal than the Handspring-sponsored upgrade (if it ever comes!) Lord knows they have no skin in the game on that deal and I want to see some kind of gesture on their part to prove they really want me as a customer. Sure I'd sign a contract to get what I want.

I'm pissed at T-Mo for this whole affair and I blame them not HS.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor

Okie dokie.

Im saying just what i said, I dont have answers all I have is somone in TMO that is waiting to get me alot of the TMO units and this was todays conversation. Period. I dont make speculations and I dont debate.