Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by KKenna
    I followed all the instructions, and it seems to be working everywhere except Blazer. Anyone else have this problem (Sprint CDMA) ?
    yep... don't have a clue how to fix it either...
    Thx for the great find. With this setup I can synch Snapper with Outlook without a Snapper/Outlook conduit. Excellent stuff.
    Hmm, it works fine with Blazer on my Orange GSM, but it doesn't with WebPro (oh well) but more importantly it doesn't work with Snapper. Has anybody else tried it with Snapper?

On a slightly different note: I use a freeware utility called AliasLauncher at http://member.nifty.ne.jp/mmaeda/e/palmos.html that lets you create icons to individual entries of the Preferences. I've created a shortcut to Network so that I can now quickly change from GPRS to LAN and vice versa.
    Rebooted my PC and now it does work with Snapper. Also, WebPro is working as long as the web proxy is disabled.
    I'm looking for help on Treo 600.
    I know that Treo can be used like external modem connected to a pc in order to navigate internet from pc trought treo.

In Treocentral forum i found suggestion on PdaNet, but installed it on my notebook, tempting connection with pc Treo answer: Error 775 unable to open modem port.
    Any other type of connection (hotsync, ppp, VNC) functioned, but this on wich i'm very interested not!

Please may you help me with some suggestion on connection configuration or somethink else?

P.s. i wrote to PdaNet factory but any answer from there.
    Originally posted by dscomazzon
    I'm looking for help on Treo 600.
    I know that Treo can be used like external modem connected to a pc in order to navigate internet from pc trought treo.

In Treocentral forum i found suggestion on PdaNet, but installed it on my notebook, tempting connection with pc Treo answer: Error 775 unable to open modem port.
    Any other type of connection (hotsync, ppp, VNC) functioned, but this on wich i'm very interested not!

Please may you help me with some suggestion on connection configuration or somethink else?

P.s. i wrote to PdaNet factory but any answer from there.
    I recently installed PdaNet and to my surprise it worked straight away. Didn't have to configure anything for Orange France. What operator are you using? You may have to change some parameters to make it work with yours.
    I'm italian and i use Wind for my internet GPRS connection.
    What are your connection parameters to connect via pdanet?

Precisly when i click PdaNet icon on my treo, on notebook desktop appears a message that advise me on 777 and 99 call... so i think treo and pc are connected, a remote acces (pdamodem customized coinnection) tempt to call 99 but at this point of situation on treo display appears the error message i told you.

Connections:

Service Wind
    Connection GPRS
    User Name WIND
    Password -Assigned-
    APN internet.wind

Service

GPRS: Connect to MODEM
    Via Wireless Modem
    Dialing Touch Tone
    Volume low
    Speed 57600
    Flow Ctl Automatic
    Init String empty

Wirless Modem: Connect to Modem
    Via Cradle/Cable
    Speed 115200
    Flow Ctl Automatic
    Dialing Touch Tone
    Volume low
    Speed 57600
    Flow Ctl Automatic
    Init String empty

What is yours?
    Originally posted by dscomazzon
    I'm italian and i use Wind for my internet GPRS connection.
    What are your connection parameters to connect via pdanet?

Precisly when i click PdaNet icon on my treo, on notebook desktop appears a message that advise me on 777 and 99 call... so i think treo and pc are connected, a remote acces (pdamodem customized coinnection) tempt to call 99 but at this point of situation on treo display appears the error message i told you.

Connections:

Service Wind
    Connection GPRS
    User Name WIND
    Password -Assigned-
    APN internet.wind

Service

GPRS: Connect to MODEM
    Via Wireless Modem
    Dialing Touch Tone
    Volume low
    Speed 57600
    Flow Ctl Automatic
    Init String empty

Wirless Modem: Connect to Modem
    Via Cradle/Cable
    Speed 115200
    Flow Ctl Automatic
    Dialing Touch Tone
    Volume low
    Speed 57600
    Flow Ctl Automatic
    Init String empty

What is yours?
    I'm using an Orange France phone and my settings are preconfigured. I can see my settings for the Network in Preferences but I can't see the settings for the GPRS connection (the one where you are saying GPRS: Connect to Modem). When I select Connections in Preferences I don't even see an entry for GPRS.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Ok.... thank for all..
    Mmm... do you know why tempting to connect via infrared port to notebook, treo tempt to connect to internet?

Hi
    Finally treo 600 work like external GPRS modem !!!
    My ISP did not communicate me that is necessary the DNS address to obtain this kind of connection.

With the correct DNS i obtain a 57.6Kb/s of speed.

FINALLY

P.s. i saw in this forum that someone obtain higher connection speed with PdaNet and Treo 600, is it true?
    I've tried it on my Palm M130 and Treo 90 and it works great. Extremely Fast Web Surfing at times. Just make sure you do not surf the web on your PC while you are using Softick. Otherwise you will lose the Palm connection. It is a cool app., but not as cool as Palm VNC.

You do need to set up a new network connection via cradle/cable. But that took less than a minute.

I haven't tried it on my Treo 300.

I don't miss the Treo 600 at all.
    Hi,

I have followed the instructions here for the set up of softick ppp but I am still having problems. It seems I can only do one url and then I get the message

DNS lookup timed out. Please check coverage and try again [(Comm.8)]

I have tried Blazer and Webpro and both have the same problem. If I reset the treo and connect and then run browser it works for the first one.

When I check the pc it still says that there is one device connected on PPP

thanks in advance
    Has anyone else found this?

Rich
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12