1.    #1  
    I would like to enter my daughters world of instant messaging but am a rookie at this. She uses AIM to talk to all her friends. What would be the best way to set up my Treo 600 in order to im with her while she is on AIM?

Thanks for your help.
    There are 2 apps that I would recommend you look at, Verichat and Chatter.
    I am a long time Verichat user and it works very well but also hear very good things about Chatter.

http://pdaapps.com/verichat/

http://www.imchatter.com/

Stay away from the AOL IM app that is also available. Not very stable on the treo.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    Will I be able to im with my daughter on aim if I use chatter or any other software other then AIM?
    Absolutely
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    If you decide to go with Chatter (which is in my opinion the best), be sure to check the website for updates (there is a Treo 600 formatted webpage as well for downloading updates through Blazer) as they are coming out all the time. Also if you have any suggestions for features you can email Marc and he is very good about responding and also implementing user suggestions. Chatter is a fine product with excellent technical support and enhancements are coming out all the time!

Keith
  6. rrb
    There is another option, also. I use the Jabber client Chatopus, available at www.chatopus.com. It has thus far been free (though I am just now deleting the beta and installing the 1.02 release). While Jabber is not as straight-forward to set up as AIM, if you find a good server, you can connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo!, and others.
    Is there a similar app for Yahoo or do you have to use the web based one?
    oops. answered own question...
    Hi! Since you seem to use Verichat on the 600 I thot you might be able to help me.
    I just switched from the 300 to the 600 this week and now I find I'm "logged in" to AOLIM even when my home and work computers are OFF, and I have logged off AOLIM on the phone.
    I am wondering why I have this "phantom" login and how to get rid of it.

My only theory is that I did not LOGOFF of AOL before I switched my service from the 300 too the 600 and so I can't logoff ever!

What's annoying is that AOL seems to have changed it's procedure so when you log in at a new site it no longer automatically logs you OFF at all others. The result is that I get annoying TEXT messages on my phone even when I have done all I can to log off of AOLIM.

Any ideas? I don't even know how to get a real person at AOLIM to help me.

Originally posted by millerhifi
    There are 2 apps that I would recommend you look at, Verichat and Chatter.
    I am a long time Verichat user and it works very well but also hear very good things about Chatter.

http://pdaapps.com/verichat/

http://www.imchatter.com/

Stay away from the AOL IM app that is also available. Not very stable on the treo.
    Jim
    You need to login into AOL on Verichat then logout. That will stop you from receiving messages on the phone.

Originally posted by vjmj
    Hi! Since you seem to use Verichat on the 600 I thot you might be able to help me.
    I just switched from the 300 to the 600 this week and now I find I'm "logged in" to AOLIM even when my home and work computers are OFF, and I have logged off AOLIM on the phone.
    I am wondering why I have this "phantom" login and how to get rid of it.

My only theory is that I did not LOGOFF of AOL before I switched my service from the 300 too the 600 and so I can't logoff ever!

What's annoying is that AOL seems to have changed it's procedure so when you log in at a new site it no longer automatically logs you OFF at all others. The result is that I get annoying TEXT messages on my phone even when I have done all I can to log off of AOLIM.

Any ideas? I don't even know how to get a real person at AOLIM to help me.

With Chatter, can I add more than one AIM screenname to one contact?
    No. You can though create another user name and in it put in the other AIM screen name and follow that routine until you get them all or just get tired of it. One of my sons has six AOLIM names - I just gave up and track only one.

Ben

Originally posted by Lakers0340
    With Chatter, can I add more than one AIM screenname to one contact?
    I've been thinking about adding the ability to do this, but there are some thorny issues involved. I may look at it again later this month...

Marc
    A convenience thing only. I have one person that I have two entries for. I have nowhere near 60 or so listings. Is there a reason for a "maximum number of entries?"

Ben

Originally posted by mblank
    I've been thinking about adding the ability to do this, but there are some thorny issues involved. I may look at it again later this month...

Marc