1.    #1  
    How do i view what files are on my SD card? And how to i open them? Restated, how do i browse the card from the treo?
    Originally posted by bradschmidt
    How do i view what files are on my SD card? And how to i open them? Restated, how do i browse the card from the treo?
    Get a third-party file browser - there is nothing built-in which does a proper job. I recommend FileZ, which is free, and as far as I can tell, works in all respects other than supporting the d-pad.

P.S. I've just noticed that you asked about opening them. FileZ will let you manage the files that are there, but not open them. For this you will need other software.
    I just found out yesterday that SnapperMail allows you to browse and open files (and beam, delete, move, rename, copy, and send to). This is convenient because I've been using it for mail already. This is how I've opened docs, xls files, and pdfs without requiring them to be within an email.

Just begin to compose a new mail, click on the attachment paperclip, then click on the file name. A pop up menu will appear allowing you to execute the functions mentioned above.
    I also just found out yesterday that Snappermail will allow you to beam files from the SD card, which I could not get Filez to do.
    yep.
    YASP (Yet Another Shameless Plug)

It's not free, but my utility FirstBase (avaible from PalmGear and Handango) also allows for beaming files from the SD. You can also browse and view memory dumps of all files on the SD too. My principal PDA is a Treo 600 and I've been tweaking it alot to support things such as the 5-way navigation, etc.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ZLauncher rocks!
    Originally posted by skidoo
    ZLauncher rocks!
    Seconded! Full-featured program launcher, supports the 5-Way, includes a file manager that's as good or better than FileZ for both internal and SD files.
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by pcampbell

Seconded! Full-featured program launcher, supports the 5-Way, includes a file manager that's as good or better than FileZ for both internal and SD files.
    Yeah, and it's fricking TWELVE BUCKS!

I don't work for whoever makes it. Promise. Just been running it basically since I got my 600 (a few months ago). I ran Silver Screen on my 300. Silver Screen's not bad, but ZLauncher is MUCH more tightly integrated and has a lot more features and functionality.
    FYI, here's a list of all the freeware PalmOS file managers (at least AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK):

FileZ - probably the best
    Gentleman
    FileCaddy

Also, Zlauncher as others have mentioned is a great launcher/file manger combo which I recommend. In fact combined w/PowerRun, it makes a great way to manage and launch apps from the SD card etc.

In addition, there are a few quality shareware file manger apps I think should be mentioned including PalmInsider Pro and myWorkBench. The former has Treo600 nav support and even a builtin Hex editor which is very cool. MyWorkBench is also a very powerful file manager that also includes backup functionality, snappermail integration, jpeg viewer, compression and a host of other feartures...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks for the links.
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    hey gfunk,

You don't need powerun to run apps of the sd card if u have zlauncher.

Is there a reason you are using powerun specially? (email me pls)

I deleted powerun cos i thought it unnecesarily duplicates functions of zlauncher.

Oh and to anyone else out there... Zlauncher is FANTASTIC for the t600
    v. little you'd wish for after finding out how powerful and customisable it is...

Having said that, I've been using it less and less now that I've found colauncher and its been even better and faster as a launcher. I think the 2 complement each other very well

kevin
    kteh @ mailhost.net

Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    FYI, here's a list of all the freeware PalmOS file managers (at least AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK):

FileZ - probably the best
    Gentleman
    FileCaddy

Also, Zlauncher as others have mentioned is a great launcher/file manger combo which I recommend. In fact combined w/PowerRun, it makes a great way to manage and launch apps from the SD card etc.

In addition, there are a few quality shareware file manger apps I think should be mentioned including PalmInsider Pro and myWorkBench. The former has Treo600 nav support and even a builtin Hex editor which is very cool. MyWorkBench is also a very powerful file manager that also includes backup functionality, snappermail integration, jpeg viewer, compression and a host of other feartures...
    Yeah, I know you can use Zlauncher to launch apps from the card. It's just that I've already been using PowerRun for a very long time and had already purchased it...so I guess I'm used to it I guess...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    oh ok
    You don't need powerun to run apps of the sd card if u have zlauncher.

I have the same questions, so I went to powerRun's site(www.simple-palm.com) to peep the manual. They say...
    " On handheld with PalmOS4.0 or later , standard (included) software exists which enables applications to be launched from the Memory Card. However, PowerRUN is superior to this software because:
    1) Applications may be moved to the Memory Card from internal memory with ease (and vice-versa).
    2) Launching a memory card application is faster.
    3) Third party launchers may be used.
    4) Applications and also attached data files may be moved to the memory card.
    5) Read/write databases may be moved to the memory card. (The OS standard software only allows read only databases to be moved)
    6) Applications on the memory card may be categorised like ones in internal memory.

Are these statements true? I have some big databases for Apps, so esp. #4 & 5 are critical for me.
    I've been using PowerRun and I like the interface, but I'd stop using it if ZLauncher will do the same.... Please advise.
    THANKS =)
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    zlauncher does ALL those things
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Are there any file managers that will let you select a file from the sd card and "send" it to someone via email? I know snappermail and iambic mail can attach any file from the sd card to an email, but I would prefer to use the handspring mail client for my sprint treo, which requires third party software to have a "send" command for emailing as attachments.
    Originally posted by bradschmidt
    If all you want to do is see what apps are on your SD Card, do the following:

Go to your Palm Homepage (where all your apps are displayed). At the top of the screen click on "All". You'll see your SD Card Name at the bottom of the pop up window. Click there and you're in.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Unfortunately,

althought zlauncher shows a dialog to show u can indeed send the file from ur sd card via mms, ir or email, it soft resets whenever i do this..

that's a bad bug unfortunately.
    Hoping it will be improved on