Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You might have a problem with your cookies database. When the 600 first came out there were serveral reports of the problem you describe. I snarfed this from another thread :

How do I delete the Cookies database (if I suspect it might be corrupted)?

When you use the Treo built-in web browser to visit a site that requires cookies, you may receive an error message that says "You must enable cookies to log into this site" or "You do not have cookies enabled." When you try to enable cookies, you find that they are already enabled.

If this happens,. it means that your Cookies database may be corrupted, and you'll need to fix it. Don't worry: it's easy.

How do I fix it?
    If the Cookies database becomes corrupted, here's how to delete it. The next time you launch the web browser, a new, uncorrupted database will be created.

Press Applications Launcher .

Press Menu .

From the App menu, choose Delete.

Find the file named Web Cookies. Delete this file.

Note: By doing this, you will lose any stored cookies. However, since the database was corrupted in the first place, it's unlikely that the stored cookies were doing you any good in the corrupted state. Go ahead and wipe them, and visit the cookie websites again to re-establish your settings.
    thanks, I had searched the forum and already tried that, still the same problem, I guess I'll resort to a hard reset and see if that fixes it.
    Tried a hard reset and the delete web cookies, still have the same problem. When I access any msn or hotmail site to get my msn email, I get the message and a pop up text box <enter your email address> if I enter pstmstr1@msn.com the text box won't go away and I can't access it. By experimenting I have found that I can enter up to pstmstr1@msn and click ok, the text box disappears and the info is entered on the screen in the email address box. But then if I try to finish it out by adding .com the text box pops back up and I'm stuck again. This is very frustrating and I would really appreciate a solution. Have called MSN and tried searching everywhere online for a solution. I'm about ready to offer a reward for a solution.
    Finally figured it out. After I had deleted web cookies and was tryng to sign back in I had Blazer set for optimized mode. I changed it wide page mode and that gave me enough room in the on-screen textbox to input my email address. I then changed it back to optimized mode and everything is working great. Thanks for some of the suggestions.
    is there no way to retrieve POP mail from the mobile.msn site? I know that it used to be available on the wap version.
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    is there no way to retrieve POP mail from the mobile.msn site? I know that it used to be available on the wap version.
    Nope. You can pop other email accounts to hotmail itself, but Msn no longer offer offers pop mail retrieval from hotmail accounts, just extra storage...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    they do on the PC version of the website....bummer
    One thing I don't get is, how come you can get Outlook express to get the MSN email, and not snappermail/Treomail.
    P.S. If this is a stupid question, you can laugh.. but please explain anyway :-)
    I only use pop and http email. Does OE d|
    Originally posted by Mahootzki
    One thing I don't get is, how come you can get Outlook express to get the MSN email, and not snappermail/Treomail.
    P.S. If this is a stupid question, you can laugh.. but please explain anyway :-)
    Bascally M$ allows their Outlook product to access their MSN mail and that's it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Originally posted by webslappy
    I use a free program called hotmail popper (http://www.boolean.ca). It allows you to retrieve your hotmail directly into the Treo email client.

I installed hotmail popper on my home machine which has a broadband connection. see their website on how to setup.

On the Treo, I put in my home computer's IP address as both the POP3 and SMTP servers during email configuration. Also make sure that the username is your full email address (yourname@hotmail.com)

When you send\receive you connect to hotmail popper and it sends and receives directly from your hotmail account.

It's great because you can use the Treo email client and you send and receive from your hotmail account.

Works great.
    Please help/

I've got Hotmail Popper to work fine on my PC using Outlook but I cant get it to work on my Treo 600.

I think I've followed your directions to the letter. What could I be doing wrong. I don't have a static IP but I've tried ti with both my dns ip address and my actual dynamic ip address and I still cant get it to work on the treo.
    If you have a router sitting between your computer and your cable modem/DSL modem, you'll need to follow the instructions I posted earlier to set up Hotmail Popper.
    Originally posted by cathartic
    If you have a router sitting between your computer and your cable modem/DSL modem, you'll need to follow the instructions I posted earlier to set up Hotmail Popper.
    OK, now I'm having problems. I originally gave the instructions to use hotmail popper and they worked fine until I got a router. Now I can't seem to get it to work with your instructions.

In my port forwarding utility, I set the outbound port = 25 and the inbound port = 110.

In hotmail popper, I set the IP address to my internal IP address (i.e. LAN address)

In my treo, both my pop3 and smtp point to my external facing IP address.

nothing happens when i try to send and receive. hotmail popper doesn't log any action so i think the problem is with my port forwarding config but my network knowledge is officially tapped out.

anyone have any suggestions? thanks.
    Network traffic heading out from your desktop don't need any special handling. On the other hand, traffic originating from your Treo that are destined to your desktop do need some handling by the router. So, from what I understand from what you described, incoming traffic on ports 25 and 110 need to be forwarded to your desktop. No outgoing traffic forwarding necessary.
    I am trying to set up my new 600 that Sprint was nice enough to rush me as replacement. I type in the url for Hotmail but keep getting a HTTP error 403-the service you requested is restricted. Any ideas? I used to have this identicla URL on my old 600.
    It is simply amazing what you find on the internet when you go looking. Popper has now become one of my favorite programs! I have a Linksys wireless setup at home with a linux desktop playing home email server and a couple of other computers just hanging out on the network. I had spent so much time trying to figure out a way to get the linux box to retrieve hotmail mail I never considered the fact that there may be a windows way to do it. Now that I have popper installed I am able to simply setup snapper to get my mail from every account! Soon I don't think I will ever need to go home! Well.. there is the occasional time where I may want to sleep I suppose.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12