1.    #1  
    No, the question is not "what's your favorite picture size?"...

When attaching an image to a Favorite on the Treo 600, what dimensions are optimal? I thought I'd plow through my pics of friends and family on my desktop and crop them to the right size before beaming to the Treo, just wanted to know the best size in order for them to fill the screen... Also I imagine that if I keep them at 64k colors, they will look better than if I reduce number of colors, am I right?

/Christopher
    Originally posted by grenness
    No, the question is not "what's your favorite picture size?"...

When attaching an image to a Favorite on the Treo 600, what dimensions are optimal? I thought I'd plow through my pics of friends and family on my desktop and crop them to the right size before beaming to the Treo, just wanted to know the best size in order for them to fill the screen... Also I imagine that if I keep them at 64k colors, they will look better than if I reduce number of colors, am I right?

/Christopher
    The screen of the Treo is only 160x160 and I belive the viewable area in the pictures app or for wallpaper is 160x120. However if you transfer a pic that's bigger than that, it will autmatically be reduced in size to a perfect fit. As for colors, the Treo can only show 4096 colors. There's no reason to reduce the number of colors, but if you want to, as long as you don't go below 12 bit, you won't see a difference.
    ..I don't downsize anything & they seem to come out just fine on the T600. By the way, here goes one, taken with my T600 and then downsized to 320 x 240.
    Nice Ferrari Renzo...never know when you need a handy T600!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    As mentioned, you don't have to reduce the images - the Treo will do this for you - but for space and time reasons, you may want to consider doing it anyway. A big image with lots of colours will take more storage space than a small image with few colours. The big image will also take more processing time to reduce, though I haven't done any timings to see if this is significantly more or not.

A final reason for reducing is that you have more control over the resulting image if you use something like PhotoShop or PaintshopPro than if you let the Treo do it - you have more control over colour selection and bleeding, for example.
    Originally posted by DolphinDan
    Nice Ferrari Renzo...
    uh..? wasn't it a 'Enzo'?