1.    #1  
    OK, the following link to GeekSounds makes some great LOUD midi files available for your alarms for mail delivery, etc. But I can't figure out how to extract the MIDIs for use as ringers. Can anyone else figure out a way...these are the right size and AS LOUD as the default Treo 600 ringer....

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/geeksounds.shtml
    simple. use tcringer to copy over.
  3.    #3  
    Well, maybe I should have asked if anyone knows of a free way to move over from alarm sounds to ringers

I'd consider TCRinger, but I thought it's not fully functional on the 600....
    You can download them to your comp and then transfer them to your via this tool. I've used it for a bunch of my ringers and it works wonderfully
    Last edited by ivyrose; 12/04/2003 at 03:04 PM.
    Just download to your PC and use infrared. It's very easy. Puts it right in the ringer file.
    Originally posted by masonuc
    Just download to your PC and use infrared. It's very easy. Puts it right in the ringer file.
    Not everyone has IR on their computers...
    Follow the link, it is not to a collection of individual MIDI files. Rather it's to a PDB file containing a database of MIDI files. This PDB is a replacement for the one currently on your palm. Wouldn't any attempt to sync this single file result in overwriting your existing file.

So to repeat the request with little more detail:

Is there a FREE desktop tool that will unpack a PDB file into it's parts?
    There is one that I know of, but its Java....
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by dgoodisi

So to repeat the request with little more detail:

Exactly. The GeekSounds PDB file contains MIDI's that are auto-installed to some sort of directory that's only viewable/assignable to apps with alarms, and don't show up as a selection to use for a ringer.

I'd like to get at the native MIDI's and upload them to the phone as necessary.
    Originally posted by ivyrose
    You can download them to your comp and then transfer them to your via this tool. I've used it for a bunch of my ringers and it works wonderfully
    Looks like a very useful tool. Unfortunately it looks like it's only available to Sprint users.
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    There is one that I know of, but its Java....
    Great!!! Care to tell us how to get it?
    Originally posted by techiechick

Great!!! Care to tell us how to get it?
    I cant remember the name to save my life...
    Originally posted by Ksilebo

I cant remember the name to save my life...
    You tease!
    I tried popping in these MIDI's to the ringers - they are not loud enough on my 600.

I am using the standard ringtone, "Loud Phone". Whenever I use PocketTunes to play MP3 it's loud - only if I can get that to be the ringer!!

Anybody have any success to this??
    Originally posted by dgoodisi

there is a util called palmmididesktop (PMD) that should do this - I've had a lot of probs getting this to work on win2000 but you can give it a try

I think it is here

just use the export feature... read all the instructions to set up the app