1.    #1  
    Just joined the ranks of other Treo 600 owners.
    Now I'm a proud owner, with one ofr AT&T wireless, but it looks too plain compared to the Sprint and Orange.

Does anyone know if I can implant the GSM insides of the treo onto to the Sprint body? Can it be done?

if not, then i guess i'll paint it.
    I saw the sprint version at best buy and think its looks very cheap...which is the total opposite of the quality look the GSM version has.

You can however send it to certain places that will give it an automotive paint job. They do it for laptops etc.... Hell, you can even get the chameleon paint that changes form red to blue or green to red, etc
    Treo 650
    Cingular
    Originally posted by damado26
    I saw the sprint version at best buy and think its looks very cheap...which is the total opposite of the quality look the GSM version has.

You can however send it to certain places that will give it an automotive paint job. They do it for laptops etc.... Hell, you can even get the chameleon paint that changes form red to blue or green to red, etc
    Just the opposite for me. I had the Treo 300 and it looked cheap compared to the 270.

Now, the Sprint version looks much better than the US GSM silver.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Just received my Treo 600, but too plain...any suggestions?

this looks like a classic case of..."the grass is always greener..."
  5.    #5  
    okay, yes, i am grateful that i actually have a treo 600. but, sooner or later many other people will have the same treo, same color. i'm the type of person who liikes to have something that's unique, ie. like being able to have the Orange Treo in the US, but that's too hard to get, unless if i wait or fly over to london.

so i guess i'll just get some metallic blue paint and paint my treo.

i'll post pictures up when it's completed.

oh yeah, the grass is greener on the other side.
    From the "Accessories" discussion...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t42984/s.html
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Are you sure you didn't see the plastic shell demo/example thing? Thats what Sprint had at the store when I went to buy mine...
    I have the Sprint 600 and had a 300 before. I agree Sprint has the uncanny ability to take a quality product and make it look cheap. Same will all of the their phones, they are all that cheap silver color. Not to mention they don't bother to carry nokia or motorola like everyone else. The 600, however, looks better in the silver GSM version to me. The color of the sprint one reminds me of a prototype product. I've been with sprint since 99, but mainly because of price. Most of our slaves to it because they're the poor man's carrier (i.e., unlimited data for flat rate : ).
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I have the Motorola MPX-200 which is glossy black. Looks real classy if you can see through the fingerprints and smudges. The Sprint silver is a blessing as far as cases go.

Wow, how did I know you had the GSM version? Well whatever makes you feel better.

I personally am sick of silver phones.
    Here's a guy that took apart and painted his Treo 300. It was a ballsy thing to do, but it turned out very nicely. So have at it! What's $600...it's only money, right?
    I like my UK Orange Treo 600. Charcoal... Prrrrrrrrrr But I hate the wee Orange label square thing at the top right corner - YUK! It's so cheap, and feels like free advertising (probably cause it is?!)