1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is a problem or not in the scheme of things, but I'm seeing it as one.

When my phone goes into auto-off or when I turn the screen off, messages sent to me through VeriChat don't trigger any notification at all. They seem to work correctly when I'm in VeriChat or in other software (minus a sound conflict that freezes the phone), but nothing at all happens when the phone is down -- unlike SMS messages which turn the phone on with the relevant info.

So am I suppose to get notifications? I'm under the impression I should and VeriChat would be pretty damn useless if it requires you to stare at the screen all day.

Another question is that I can't seem to get messages from anyone who isn't on my buddy list and there doesn't seem to be a setting to disable that. Am I just missing something or does it not exist?

Thanks in advance
    I don't know about Verichat, but Chatter does all of those things you are wanting.

Marc
    This is a new problem that just popped up in the last couple of days. I use both Verichat and Chatter. Verichat to rat on the kids in the afternoon (lets me know when the fire on the chat programs) and Chatter during the evening. I like Verichat's "pounce" feature, which Marc has stated will be introduced in a future release. I sent a quick note to PDAApps about it and have had no response.

I have uninstalled, reset, tested and reinstalled a number of programs that I have installed during this problem period and have found no answer. The programs in question: Verichat, Chatter, Bob's Alarm, TakePhone.

When Chatter gets the pounce feature, Verichat ceases to be of any value to me.

Marc - a note - there are times when Chatter is brought up and it takes a while to connect to the Chatter server. Not always, but it is not that uncommon.

Ben

-------------------

Ben

Originally posted by Rikaelus
    Not sure if this is a problem or not in the scheme of things, but I'm seeing it as one.

When my phone goes into auto-off or when I turn the screen off, messages sent to me through VeriChat don't trigger any notification at all. They seem to work correctly when I'm in VeriChat or in other software (minus a sound conflict that freezes the phone), but nothing at all happens when the phone is down -- unlike SMS messages which turn the phone on with the relevant info.

So am I suppose to get notifications? I'm under the impression I should and VeriChat would be pretty damn useless if it requires you to stare at the screen all day.

Another question is that I can't seem to get messages from anyone who isn't on my buddy list and there doesn't seem to be a setting to disable that. Am I just missing something or does it not exist?

Thanks in advance