1.    #1  
    I just received my Cingular Treo 600 and put my T-Mobile SIM card in. I got a message telling me to check my SIM card. There's nothing wrong with it as it still works in my Treo 270. Do I have a "Locked" Cingular phone? If so, what do I do now?
    Thanks for any help.
    Originally posted by treoman270
    I just received my Cingular Treo 600 and put my T-Mobile SIM card in. I got a message telling me to check my SIM card. There's nothing wrong with it as it still works in my Treo 270. Do I have a "Locked" Cingular phone? If so, what do I do now?
    Thanks for any help.
    I'm sure you've already tried this but just in case..........I was going to suggest you remove the sim and reinsert it checking the orientation of the sim and also that it is properly seated. I had to push down on my sim to get it lay completely flat in the little sim drawer.

If that doesn't work ask to borrow a friends sim that is also on tmobile to see if his sim works.

If the phone turns out to be locked perhaps handspring will unlock it for you.

Good luck!
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Looks like it. Can you go to a local Cingular store, and try our their SIM card. If the unit works, it's locked for sure. What a bummer!
    I just received my cingular phone and it works just fine with my T-Mobile sim card.
    You might want to check the manual. It talks about older sim cards that are 5 volts that are not compatible with the treo. The treo only accepts 3 volt sim cards. This could be the problem
    Got my Cingular 600 today and popped my T-Mobile SIM card in and all seems fine. I noticed that it even set up the T-Mobile internet settings automatically. In network, I have T-Mobile Internet; T-Mobile VPN and T-Zones listed.

Only problem is that Blazer seems very slow, but that's always been the case with this crappy browser.
    I had the same problem: put my Treo 270 SIM card in, in worked a couple of times, then quit working.

I went to T-Mobile, got a new SIM card, and now everything is fine. I called T-Mobile first to explain that I thought I had a problem with my SIM card. They gave me a $20 credit on my account and told me to go to the nearest T-Mobile store to get a card, which costs $20.
    Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for all of the replies. I finally got it to work, but I still get the SIM Card message most of the time. I guess the problem may be the 3 and 5 volt thing (my SIM card dates back to Voicestream). I'm calling Tmobile today and see if I can get a new 3 volt. I'll keep everyone posted.
    Sheesh - I must be a goner then. My SIM card says Omnipoint on it...
    Originally posted by treoman270
    Thanks for all of the replies. I finally got it to work, but I still get the SIM Card message most of the time. I guess the problem may be the 3 and 5 volt thing (my SIM card dates back to Voicestream). I'm calling Tmobile today and see if I can get a new 3 volt. I'll keep everyone posted.
    I recently had to replace a very old sim card that stopped working in my 270 and just walked into a T-Mobile store where they instantly gave me a new card. The scary part was that they did not ask for my old one back (just took my word that it didn't work), only asked for my phone number and DID NOT ask for any verification that it was me - not my name, id, anything.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I have a VoiceStream SIM and am using in the Cingular Treo 600(with a slightly modified Connecting to carrier logo). I have had no probelm with voice or SMS services. Interesting about the replacement cards from Tmo..what would you do with 2 of the same SIM's?
  12.    #12  
    I went to my local Tmobile store and got a replacement SIM card. After waiting a few hours, they text messaged me. So far after 1 day, everything is OK with my 600. Let's hope that it stays that way.
    I got my Treo 600 yesterday and transferred my TMo SIM card from my Nokia 3650 to the Treo. I set the network to T-Zones. Now, I do NOT have any data plans (no T-Zone or TMo Internet) with TMo but I can still access the webpages (e.g. Google, Yahoo, MSN, San Jose Mecury News, etc.). I do see the green double arrows so I know it's GPRS. So my questions is, what am I using? Is it just the free WAP access or what? When I look at the URLs for these webpages, I do not see "wap" or anything like that which would indicate that it is a wap site. Does TMo have a pay per use data plan? I just don't want to be surprised when I get my bill.
    Originally posted by zgraff
    I got my Treo 600 yesterday and transferred my TMo SIM card from my Nokia 3650 to the Treo. I set the network to T-Zones. Now, I do NOT have any data plans (no T-Zone or TMo Internet) with TMo but I can still access the webpages (e.g. Google, Yahoo, MSN, San Jose Mecury News, etc.). I do see the green double arrows so I know it's GPRS. So my questions is, what am I using? Is it just the free WAP access or what? When I look at the URLs for these webpages, I do not see "wap" or anything like that which would indicate that it is a wap site. Does TMo have a pay per use data plan? I just don't want to be surprised when I get my bill.
    Anyone?
    check your account at www.t-mobile.com go to "My Plans & Services" after you login. If it says "Included WAP access" ACTIVE then you are OK. That is how you are getting online. T-Mobile ROCKS for giving us this for free!
    Have fun with your new toy!
    I'm an ex-Nokia 3650 power user and I've been using T-Mobile with my Cingular Treo 600 for a week now. Quite honestly, I'm as happy as a pig in sh__!!

T-Mobile coverage in my area (NY Metro), along with the low price for unlimited data, compliments this device perfectly. It's as if they were made for each other. Ever since popping in my new Lexar 256MB SD card this morning it's like I'm holding a friggen symphony in my hand! I absolutely love this device!

I'm sure you've all heard the story about the guy who's dying wish was to be buried along with his car, and so he was. Well I'd like to be buried Treo 600 in hand.