1.    #1  
    In the past 4 months I have received perhaps 25 calls from people who saw my cell number on their caller ID and called back to find out why I was calling them...

Only problem is that I never called them ! Very Weird... has anyone else experienced this with any Treo model ? My calls to Sprint are useless, they say I should take the phone in for replacement. I doubt that its a hardware failure, but who knows. Seems to me the network has gremlins.

Please sound off if you have had this problem, and/or if you have a solution.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem, and it has gotten much worse lately. I was told that this is a SprintPCS networking problem dealing with calls getting crossed at some satellite relay. I think I was just told bogus crap to get me off the phone.

I've gone as far as to change my voicemail to say "SpintPCS is having problems and making it seem I am randomly calling and hanging up - I am not making these phone calls"

I am also receiving a few mystery calls myself with busy tones on the other side.

I had one irate guy call me and say he's going to call the police if I don't quit calling him and hanging up.

Strange - it doesn't happen with my wife's phone (which isn't a treo)...
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    prospero - I have finally gotten to the point where I can speak to n engineer about this. I have told them there are others with this problem (mine is getting worse). They are trying to blame it on the local phone company callerid system. If it's not too forward, what city do you live in? I live in Indianapolis...
    Originally posted by jimn367
    prospero - I have finally gotten to the point where I can speak to n engineer about this. I have told them there are others with this problem (mine is getting worse). They are trying to blame it on the local phone company callerid system. If it's not too forward, what city do you live in? I live in Indianapolis...
    I've experienced something similar (here in CA) but it has nothing to do with my Sprint PCS service since the caller id on my home landline phone showed a wrong number when others called me (say, my wife from her office). Really strange.
    I have on three occasions gotten a call back from a 911 operator who thought I had called and hung up on them. I suspect this is the sort of error that could cause Sprint some serious problems.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I have made little progress in getting this problem resolved.

Have any of you tried to get this solved any more? I'm getting tired of the calls that I'm on their caller ID.