1.    #1  
    So here I am, paying lot's of money for my GPRS usage, and I just want to send a quick email to a friend of mine.
    Can I JUST SEND and not RECEIVE?
    No, sir, either you SEND AND RECEIVE or you DON'T SEND AT ALL!
    Man oh man, I thought EVERY email application (like the built in one on my former Tungsten W) had the option of just sending??!!
    And furthermore, just to make the problem worse, I can't tell the stupid email application to just download the headers, it HAS to download at least 5k of each message.

Maybe Handspring got aware of this problem right before releasing the Treo 600, and quickly removed the GPRS Data Usage log? Thinking if the user has no clue how much GPRS he is using, maybe he won't care about having to send and receive each time he just wants to send?

I'm not going to pay for a third party email application just to be able to send my quick emails once in a while.

Arrgh!

/Christopher

PS. Other than this, I love it!
    SnapperMail does this, I believe. If you have an IMAP account (or if you'd like to get one), Chatter will also fit the bill (it never polls for new messages; they are pushed.)

Marc
    Handspring always make s/w work with the least fuss and bother. The Mail client always POPs before sending. It does this mainly to get around SMTP authentication problems over GPRS and 1xRTT networks. In many cases you will not be able to send mail unless you establish a POP conection B4 you SMTP.
    Originally posted by mblank
    SnapperMail does this, I believe. If you have an IMAP account (or if you'd like to get one), Chatter will also fit the bill (it never polls for new messages; they are pushed.)
    How does this work? Specifically, how does Chatter (or any IMAP client for that matter) support "push-only" receiving? Wouldn't there need to be special functionality on the IMAP server to do the pushing?
    I'm using Snapper under the demo but will purchase this week.
    I don't have a problem with send/receive, but the lack of logical delete on server ability is pitifull. You can either leave on or delete.
    I thought that would be OK until I got an e-mail with a jpg attachment (delete on server selected) and when I went back to get the attachment, the e-mail had been deleted!
    Snapper - I used to use Eudora which was the same in this respect - will allow delete on server either after the e-mail is moved to the trash or the trash is emptied.