Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    My Hotsync is failing to install .pdf, .txt. and .html files because it says there is no application to read them ... i thought, quickword, docs to go and blazer would handle these ..>? Anyway, is there a good freeware or payware app that ishould download to make this happen?
    I cant believe how much i am spending on software apps ...what happened to the days of sharing software?
    MakeDoc for Windows

and

Adobe Reader for Palm OS

Both are free. This should help.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Yep... you need to use a tool like MakeDoc to convert txt files to palm docs etc. Then you can use a myriad of free doc readers like Palm Reader, TiBR, etc for view them. Checkout the Memoware help section for more info on file types, readers, and conversion tools. I personally prefer Palmreader btw. Also checkout RichReader for html and word files. The shareware version also supports PDF, but you can just use the freeware Acrobat reader that Cash mentioned. I also recommend Plucker for offline html viewing. Another popular reader that many people like is iSilo which you might wanna checkout as well as the Handstory...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    thanks guys!
    No prob... also just to add here, in addition to MakeDoc, there is another fantastic freeware program I must recommend which is called AbiWord. This is a full fledged word proccessing app for your desktop that you can use in conjuction w/MS word, Star Office etc. The advantage is that you can save as Palm Docs using AbiWord which makes it a great tool for editing and making your own Palm Docs unlike MakeDoc etc...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    No prob... also just to add here, in addition to MakeDoc, there is another fantastic freeware program I must recommend which is called AbiWord. This is a full fledged word proccessing app for your desktop that you can use in conjuction w/MS word, Star Office etc. The advantage is that you can save as Palm Docs using AbiWord which makes it a great tool for editing and making your own Palm Docs unlike MakeDoc etc...
    Ok, I downloaded and installed this, but I don't see an option for saving things as Palm Docs. What am I missing?

TIA

<C>
    Originally posted by Creideiki

Ok, I downloaded and installed this, but I don't see an option for saving things as Palm Docs. What am I missing?

TIA

<C>
    Hey there! You're missing the import/export plug ins available at the Abiword:

Download page
    Direct download for Windows based machines

Cheer!

I've installed the plug now what am I looking for to save a word doc as a palm doc.

Thanks for your help.

Thordog
    Originally posted by thordog
    I've installed the plug now what am I looking for to save a word doc as a palm doc.

Thanks for your help.

Thordog
    No what? That it! It should be pretty intuiitve now...just go to "save as" and select palm doc from the file type box. Of course I'm assuming you selected the palm doc conversion from the pluggin installation list box! ...

Just to update, I recently found an awesome little freeware app called VFSi that lets you view/edit txt files of the VFS media! And it works flawlessly on the Treo! Sweet!