1.    #1  
    There are several threads discussing the problem that many are having with a bad echo heard by the person at the other end of the connection (while that person can barley hear you, the Treo user) when Speaker Phone is used.

I have it on my brand new AT&T Treo 600 (GSM).

Has anyone had any solid news about a potential fix for this problem?

-- Rich
    1. Don't cup the Treo in your hand while in speakerphone mode. This funnels sound into the mic from the rear speaker. Put it down on a surface.

2. When you are in speakerphone mode, you get least echo when the phone is face down on a table.

Also turn down the volume a little on the speakerphone.

Echo/feedback is caused by sound funneling thru the mic from the rear speaker and getting re-amplified with a slight delay. This effect tends to increase itself until you hear a squeal. All you have to do is make it less likely that sound from the speaker reaches the mic.
    The speakerphone the poster is speaking about is different. The speakerphone is completely unusable in any condition. Lowest volume, soft surface, etc.

There is supposed to be a ROM update by the end of january that we will be able to download and install on our phones.h
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried using the fix for the GSM car kit? I'm sure I read that the purpose of this is to reduce echo when using the kit? Does it help with the speakerphone at all?