1.    #1  
    Anyone know the status on real SMS at Sprint? I heard first of the year at one point. Is that still a go?
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    I called today and they told me Dec. 22nd. They told me the middle of Dec. about 4 days ago. I will keep calling until it works since no messaging works except email from the phone and when I get lied to I will ask for more free stuff.
    All noobs click here
    I have found that you can call four different Sprint Reps within 10 minutues and get four different answers. This is the new notice on the "text messaging link" on sprint's website:

For Your Information
    After January 4, when someone sends you a text message (a One-Way Message or a Short Mail), you must use your Sprint Phone to view it (you won't be able to view it here on this website). Of course, you can continue to compose and send text messages from this website or from your Sprint Phone (some older phones cannot send messages).

Could this be the definitive date? Not sure...
    I got the "middle of december" response as well. We'll see how that flies.
    Originally posted by rahul320
    I have found that you can call four different Sprint Reps within 10 minutues and get four different answers. This is the new notice on the "text messaging link" on sprint's website:

For Your Information
    After January 4, when someone sends you a text message (a One-Way Message or a Short Mail), you must use your Sprint Phone to view it (you won't be able to view it here on this website). Of course, you can continue to compose and send text messages from this website or from your Sprint Phone (some older phones cannot send messages).

Could this be the definitive date? Not sure...
    It's possible, but last month, that same message was up there but the date was November 17th. There was no SMS then so I wouldn't take that date too seriously.
    I use the Treo600SMS app from PDAapps.com. It works great. It enables SMS on your treo by transparently sending your messages through Sprint's short mail service. The only caveat is that there 'may' be a delay when sending/receiving messages.
    I called today and the lady promised it would be out before this month was over. She didnt want me to quote her on a specific date but she did say before the month is out. However she didnt know the specific about the price, but told me I shouldnt have to worry about that.