1.    #1  
    I'm getting the following message when I try to dial directly from the DA results page:

"No Phone. This does not appear to be a supported smartphone enabled device. Cannot complete required operation."

This is happening on my Treo 300 with DA Version 2.02. Wireless is enabled. I reset several times to no avail. Every other function on DA appears to be working just fine. It is a minor inconvenience to have to copy over to the phonebook and dial from there; but, it would be nice to have the direct dial feature. Is there anyone else with a Treo 300 that is experiencing this problem or is it just my machine? Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!
    Last edited by copernicus; 12/05/2003 at 05:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Any fix for this? I'm having the same problem on my Treo 300. It'll be great to be able to dial a number from Dir Assist or copy it to my addressbook. I can't do either along with using the Mapquest lookup feature.

-Mark
    Are you using the most recent version? You might want to downgrade to the older one (the one that requires the webclipping libraries).
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I could, but what fun is that? I think I'll try the 2.00 version again. I just wanted to steer clear from installing the PQA support files.
  5.    #5  
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread but I've been overwhelmed lately by small details. I emailed Rick (the developer of DA) and he immediately tweaked the program. It's working fine now and I assume the fix is already in the newest version. Thank you all for the comments.
    Is this happening to anyone else? Appears to be sporadic. I had deleted and reinstalled at times and it starts working again. The lastest istallation resets my 600 everytime I try to start it...any thoughts???
    Mike
    Yes, my 600 is reseting every time I try to open Directory Assistance. The short story is that this is my replacement 600, because I (believe it or not) left my original on the bumper of a truck. I reloaded Directory, but it resets. I remember this happening with my old one, but someone had posted a fix. I have searched, but have been unable to find that post.
    I had a problem with it resetting my Treo 600. I had to delete any reference to Directory Assistant from my Saved/Unsaved Preferences. Use Filez to do this, and look for rwDA and/or DA.
    I deleted both files with FileZ and reinstalled Dir Asst...still getting resets.

I sent an email to the developer a few days ago, but haven't received a reply yet.
    Mike
    I wasn't talking about files, I was talking about preferences. Look under "View Preferences" in Filez, not "View and Edit Files". If you did in fact delete preferences, then I'm not sure what could be going wrong.
    OK...I did misunderstand you the first time. Thanks for the clarification. I found three references to rwDA and I hit the delete key in File/Pefs while the file was hilighted, but it won't delete the references. Any ideas?
    Mike
    The only thing I can think of is that maybe Directory Assistant needs to be deleted first.
    I've had similar problems trying to install DA to my T600. Twice I installed and got a soft reset when I tried to select a state in the search window. the third time this worked, but it could not do a search (some error message about not being able to make a connection). Any ideas? It looks like a nice program, if I could get it to work!

NOTE: I just did a fresh download yesterday (2-4-04) and now it works fine. Don't know why a download from the same site two days earlier did not.
    Last edited by kbertsche; 02/05/2004 at 09:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yeah! It's finally fixed for the Treo 300. Thanks so much. This is one of my killer apps for my Treo.
    My DA resets on my Treo 600 everytime I try to look up info. No matter what info I'm looking up. I've tried deleting the prefs using Filez as was suggested earlier. I've also tried re-installing DA. Neither have helped my issue.

**EDITED** This was my fault.. I was inadvertantly using an old version. After upgrading to the latest one 2.x it is working BEAUTIFULLY on my Treo 600
    Last edited by bigej; 02/05/2004 at 12:59 PM.
    I downloaded DA the other day and i cannot seemto find any phone numbers every time I look up number i get "query error" "error getting data" the directions work fine
    Originally posted by evilhomer
    I downloaded DA the other day and i cannot seemto find any phone numbers every time I look up number i get "query error" "error getting data" the directions work fine
    I am getting the same thing.
    OBWise
    Yup, happening to me to. But I mostly use this:

http://m.yp.com

these days anyway. It seems to be much more up to date.

And you can access mapquest directly at:

http://wireless.mapquest.com/Palm/v3.0/index.html
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.